Background of CAF:
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India is a leading international not-for-profit organization, which works to make giving more effective and charities more successful. It is part of an international network with offices in nine countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Russia, South Africa and the United States of America and distributes funds to over 90 countries around the world. In India it is a registered charitable trust set up in 1998 to provide strategic and management support to corporates, individuals and NGOs with an aim to ensure greater impact of their philanthropic and CSR investments.
For further details about CAF India, please visit http://www.cafindia.org
Job Summary/Main Purpose of Job To provide professional grant making services to charities and donors, to make charities and charitable giving more effective for humanity and disaster risk reduction.
Budgetary Responsibilities :
To manage grant giving services, to be responsible for grant making, monitoring, invoicing, reporting & payments for services.
Reporting To: Team Leader – Humanitarian Response
- Assist in development and implementation of humanitarian strategy to grow CAF India programs (Disaster) and Donor servicing by bringing in more quality, accountability and depth.
- Assist in development and implementation of a humanitarian strategy which demonstrates the social impact of CAF programs
- Promote new ideas, concepts and generate new business opportunity for CAF
- Support Business Development in fund raising from Different types of donors (institutional, corporate, PSUs, SMEs, HNIs)
- Develop CAF India proposal for submission against suitable RFPs
- Responsible for end to end management of CAF’s charitable grant making programmes of selected donors, specifically corporate clients, and other donors, including, but not limited to, HNIs, Trust, Foundation, Institutional funding agencies, government etc. This includes management of various relief, rehab & preparedness projects, grants made to NGOs, monitoring and evaluation of grants
- Ensure that CAF’s grant making services and processes are transparent, effective and efficient and in line with best practice in the sector and meet the needs of CAF’s donors.
- Responsible for having systems and processes in place to ensure monitoring of transactions, internal audits, handling donor complaints and managing risks for a cost effective model.
- Management of the operational planning and delivery of CAF’s projects and programs including workflow and resource management, monitoring and reporting of targets, resolution of issues and trouble shooting
- Ensure effective delivery of CAF’s grant making programmes with quality & accountability assurance
- Manage grant giving services, to be responsible for consultancy fees, invoicing and payments for services.
- Coordinate, and as and when required, conduct field monitoring visits of all ongoing projects/grants made to NGOs and ensure compliances to field observations
- Organizing capacity building workshops for NGOs in the area of governance, leadership, strategic planning, program and financial management, human resource management
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive MIS on CAF India project grants, files and mandatory documents of the projects for audit purpose
- Develop close working relationships with charity partners and stakeholders with matured handling of the relationships.
- Responsible for complete client servicing for selected donors
- Provision of regular updates on the receipt and disbursals of funds, track the CAF-Donor MoUs, provide year end fund utilization reports and tax exemption receipts
- To identify issues and guide NGOs for advocacy on shared concerns in consultation with the State IAG / State departments to address these by targeting different stakeholders.
- To analyze recovery and rehabilitation processes in the state and identify and address issues and areas for collective response and rehabilitation.
- To identify and compile good practices in humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction, volunteer’s engagement and disseminate these in CAF social media.
- Work closely with other units of CAF, particularly the Business Development, marketing, communications teams to ensure that CAF India’s programs are represented and positioned appropriately
- Any other activities as requested by the line manager
Qualification & Experience:
- MBA or Master’s degree in relevant stream: development management, entrepreneurship, Disaster Management, social work, rural development, sociology, sustainability management from reputed institutes, preferably PMP trained.
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in Disaster Management sector managing humanitarian response projects.
- Preference will be given to the applicants who have done any course on Disaster Management and worked on disaster programs for at least 5 years.
- Candidates with good understanding of CSR and an experience of managing corporate CSR funded projects will be preferred.
- Experience in working in Corporate Foundation, Government, SDMA, DDMA and in CSR projects will be preferred.
- Experience in handling emergency coordination and communications with multi-stakeholders.
- Fluent in verbal and written communication (both English & Hindi).
Skills & Competencies:
- Initiative – Ability to self-start things.
- Ability to operate independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations and team
- Improvements and efficiency: Initiative to bring improvements and make-work more efficient and cost effective.
- Integrity - intellectual & moral excellence
- Discipline and timeliness of tasks completed
- Communications for Humanitarian Appeal
- Positive Attitude
- Knowledge of his/her Job
- Interpersonal/Teamwork skills