At Pravah (www.pravah.org) we support young people bring about the positive change they wish to see – in their own selves and the society around them. When we started out 20 years ago (Pravah was registered in 1993), that is what we committed to bring about – a society where young people are active citizens – addressing issues of social justice the way they are most inspired to. The founders were all young professionals themselves then – from the corporate, management and development fields. They are still as active in keeping that vision alive.
Today our work has a diverse range – working with adolescents on issues of social justice and conflict transformation, facilitating college students to build their understanding of local and global issues, supporting young people to start their own social initiatives or organisations, building capacities of other organizations through organizational development and programmatic support. We are also engaged in influencing public policy in the field of youth. Our core competence lies in designing and facilitating creative and impactful experiential learning initiatives for the diverse groups we engage with, in order to create a just society – a society built on values of non-violence, love, diversity, interdependence, collaboration and sustainable development. That, besides making a case for youth development in India.
We do not believe in working in isolation. We engage with over 50 partners all over the country to achieve our goal, as well as with national and international resource organizations, such as The Ford Foundation, Sir Rattan Tata Trust, Misereor, Global Fund for Children and Voluntary Service Overseas, who support us.
So when you work (we prefer to call it ‘walk’ with us), you actually work with many others - young people, teachers, other organizations and the larger civil society – all from as diverse worlds as you can imagine.
In the current phase of our journey, we are looking for inspired and committed people with different levels of skills and experience to join us. Read on to know if it could be you!
Pravah is currently on a new curve of expansion – both in size and the scope of its interventions. To support it, a number of exciting opportunities have arisen for the engagement of inspired and committed people with diverse levels of skills and experience in Pravah.
Job Description – Associate Coordinator, Accounts & Finance:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checking of vouchers, making tally data entries, making Bank Reconciliation Statement, reconciliation of various vendors, making vendor payments, reimbursements to the staff, issue of advances
- Ensuring excellent voucher filing on a monthly basis, including numbering in tally, attaching tally print outs and arranging in a serial order
- Co-ordination with the program teams for timely closure of pending vouchers
- Preparation of accurate Financial Information Statements (FIS) monthly and consolidated – as per the needs of the organisation. This is to be submitted to Director, CEO and programme/ functional heads by the 7th of each month.
- Preparation of accurate financial reports for funders – as per funder and Pravah requirements.
- Follow up and implementation of recommendations made by auditors (statutory/ internal/funders).
- Scrutiny of advances and flagging off advances.
- Prepare Board Resolutions relevant for Accounts and Finance including cases of any irregularity in Accounts & Finance.
- Financial monitoring for Pravah NGO partners including assessment of financial systems and statutory compliances of NGO partners, analysis of financial reports sent by NGO partners, and recommendations to programme teams based on this, audit of accounting and financial management systems and monitoring of grant utilisation.
- Participation in relevant internal processes of Pravah.
We are looking for a person with:
- A postgraduate/ graduate degree with 1-3 years of work experience.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience and interest in business development and fund raising
- Ability to multi-task, and nurture relationships
- Ability to inspire and be inspired, openness to learning and think out of the box and connect with people
- Commitment to youth leadership and social justice issues
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Capacity to work hard and keep commitments, strengthen fund raising systems and processes within the organization including databases and computer based communications and effectively coordinate meetings and events.
Please send us the following to email@example.com , or by post : to Amerah Khan, Pravah, C24B, IInd Floor, Kalkaji, New Delhi – 110019 along with,
- Cover letter, maximum 1 page, highlighting your experience related to the post you have applied for
- Your current emoluments and expected salary.
- Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your letter