ADAPT (formerly the Spastics Society of India), set up by Padmashree Dr. Mithu Alur a non-profit organisation in Mumbai, working in the disability sector for over 44 years, is looking to fill a vacancy for the post of a Senior Social Worker under a project that is creating a centre for excellence that will build skills and capacity of young adults with disabilities, coordinate their placement in mainstream employment and provide a continuum of support to the them and the employers.
- The fundamental goal is to provide appropriate training facilities, vocational guidance and counselling, with an innovative approach of selective placement and selective training. This will be done according to a need-based analyses suited to each person with post-placement follow-ups working towards inclusive employment and in making employment of clients with special needs sustainable.
- Match abilities of the trainees with the skill for placements outside.
- Match abilities with structured courses.
- Counsel Parents, Trainers & Students.
- To develop context and individual specific models of vocational training.
- To strategise the skills the skills that need to be developed, to train and place accordingly moving towards the development of employment.
- Networking with other NGOs
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with beneficiaries and their families, other employees, representatives of other community organizations and groups
- Documentation and recording
- Assisting in the organisation of seminars, workshops or conferences.
- Assists beneficiaries to prepare for, retain, obtain and/or advance in competitive, integrated employment and provide counselling for their psycho, social and emotional requirements.
- Counselling parents and managing expectations.
- Any other work that may be assigned to you.
A Masters degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university with experience in working with person with disabilities preferred. Strong skills in the areas of assessment, developing intervention plans with families, strong written and verbal communication skills, working collaboratively with internal and external service providers are a pre requisite.
|Job Email id:|