Position Name: Regional Program Manager (subject to confirmation of funding)
Reporting Line: National Program Manager
Number of Positions:3
Location: in operational area as described below
Tenure: 18 months
Operational Area: 8 states- Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal
About PCI: PCI initiated operations in India in 1997 and maintains a diverse portfolio of education and development programming in both urban and rural regions, focusing on the most marginalized and hard-to-reach populations with an emphasis on women of reproductive age. The PCI-India country strategic plan 2016- 2020 envisages consolidating the ongoing programs and growing into new thematic areas such as education on adolescent health, gender, WASH and urban health.
About the Project:
Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) is a neglected tropical disease and like any other neglected disease, it disproportionately affects vulnerable populations and perpetuates existing relationships between disease and poverty. Lymphatic Filariasis, however, has a proven strategy for elimination through the administration of effective drug combinations at population level for several years.
Lymphatic Filariasis is endemic in India mainly in the eight states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. Despite a proven strategy, elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in India continues to be a distant goal as efforts are largely focused on improving service delivery without any significant focus on demand generation.
The proposed program mainly lays focus on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms and channels like State Rural Livelihoods Missions (SRLMs), Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs), Front-Line Workers (FLWs), schools, Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks, etc. The project will work in eight high endemic states in India with the dual objectives of increasing demand for drugs and improving compliance at population level.
For stimulating demand and improving compliance, the project will strive for:
- Creating awareness about the disease, fear about its consequences, prevalence and endemicity in the locality, possibility of prevention and the role of Mass Drug Administration (MDA)
- Popularizing the MDA dates among the community in the program locality;
- Generating expectation of the community about receipt of free drugs from the Government drug distributors (primarily, Front Line Workers as per the current national strategy), and making them aware about their right to get the benefit of this important and free preventive drug distribution from the Government; and,
- Building capacity of health workers, mainly Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA), to disseminate LF and MDA related information
Regional Program Manager-Specific Role:
- We have 3 positions for Regional Program Managers who will be responsible for working in the operational area of the program
- The RPMs will be accountable for collaboration with the state counterpart of NVBDCP, PRI, education and SRLMs and CSO partners to ensure integration of LF package into their existing programs.
- They will also be responsible for provision of training, capacity building and orientation of district personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate degree in MPH, Rural development, Public Health or any other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including significant national level experience in leading health programs
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines
- Candidates with prior experience of working in the above states and along with community institutions are preferred
In addition, the applicant needs to fill in the following table and attach along with the resume:
Sl. No Particular Respond Below
- Full name
- Date of birth (date/month/year)
- Contact Number
- E-mail ID
- Highest educational Qualification
- Current designation and name of the
- serving organization
- Current location (Place of work)
- Total number of years of experience
- Current monthly gross salary (in Rs.)
- Expected monthly gross salary (in Rs.) Availability for the position (in weeks or months)
All applicants to send their updated resumes along with cover note to email@example.com by 10th November 2017 with the position name on the subject line.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider. Due to heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted