Based at Delhi and Raipur
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures.
We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families.
Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. The moment a woman gives birth; the moment a midwife helps a newborn to breath; the moment a nurse screens for cervical cancer with a simple vinegar swab; the moment a community health worker tests a man for HIV and reports he is HIV free.
Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states, in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, and pre-service nursing and midwifery education. These projects are funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI), David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), Merck for Mothers and others.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Program Assistant based at Delhi and Raipur. The position will provide programmatic, administrative, and logistic support to the various programs teams in the state and report to the Program Directors and State Program Manager.
- Serve as a key contact for all types of programmatic assistance to the assigned programs.
- Develop an understanding of Family Planning (FP)/Reproductive Health (RH) clinical and training related concepts and terminology to more comfortably support the program team in materials development and activity planning.
- Assist in preparing correspondence, documents as well as training material such as manuals and audio visual aids. Manage a number of drafts of large documents, ensuring consistent formatting through multiple rounds of technical reviews and related editing.
- Manage logistic arrangements of workshop, training, meetings including budgeting, planning the event, collating material, making arrangements for participants’ travel and reimbursements in consultation with Finance and Administrative teams
- Coordinate with donor or other partners for managing program timelines.
- Collect, collate and analyze the program data coming from the field.
- Prepare reports as necessary.
- Assist in implementing the project documentation plans, including presenting analyzed data as useful information, editing presentations, archiving all key project documents, producing final documents consistent with branding requirements and disseminating publications. Keep records of processes and distribution of key documents.
- Coordinate with finance and administrative teams and assist in preparation of program activity budgets, and maintaining proper documentation of all financial transactions related to procurement, travel, workshops, trainings, sub-awards and technical service contracts of the program.
- Coordinate with finance team for monitoring of project expenditure.
- Support in updating program communication materials such as fact sheets, brochures, information booklets etc. in consultation with the program team members.
- Coordinate and ensure proper documentation for hiring new consultants for the assigned programs.
- Review and maintain stock inventory of training material periodically.
- Assist in maintaining proper documentation of all financial transactions related to workshops and trainings and circulating minutes of the meeting.
- Coordinate and communicate in a professional manner with the Jhpiego country and state teams, donors and other stakeholders to support effective program implementation.
- Maintain program and office files both electronic and as physical documentation.
- Assist other staff with uploading materials internally with Jhpiego colleagues through the organization’s knowledge management system (my.jhpiego, JLibrary)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Attentive to details and able to produce documents and coordinate activities with little supervision.
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural team—particularly with cross-cultural communication.
- Able to manage/prioritize work from several sources. Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Fluency in spoken and written Hindi and English required. Hindi typing skills desired.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations.
- Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, commerce, social sciences or humanities.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in programmatic and administrative support function.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with the development sector/ INGOs would be preferred.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note to email@example.com
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
|Job Email id:|