Position: Project Officer
Type: Full time
Company: VOICE 4 Girls
Location: Based in Hyderabad
Reports to: Operations Manager
About the organization:
Founded in 2011, VOICE 4 Girls is a start-up social enterprise whose mission is to enable marginalized adolescent girls in India to take charge of their futures by imparting critical knowledge, spoken English, and life skills through activity based camps. We carry out our mission through spoken English and gender empowerment out-of-school time camps. The program provides girls in India with the practical tools and knowledge needed to overcome the adversity they face. VOICE aims to reach thousands of girls across the developing world and inspire the next generation of women to take their futures into their own hands.
About the Program:
VOICE 4 Girls conducts program/camp for adolescent marginalized girls to break the cycles of poverty and gender inequality existing in the society by imparting critical knowledge, communication, and life skills. This program is currently operating in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. The objective of the program is to empower the girls through critical knowledge about health, safety, self-awareness, future planning, and build their communication skills including negotiation and self-advocacy.
VOICE is seeking a Project Officer (PO) who will be responsible for implementation of project activities for VOICE partners. The PO will focus on helping VOICE reach scale and expand to new locations in the coming years. This position requires outstanding organizational skills, interpersonal skills, drive, and initiative. The ideal candidate will bring critical and creative thinking to work with all relevant stakeholders and ensure smooth operations of VOICE on the ground.
The key role and tasks are given below:
- Responsible for implementation of project activities at the grass root level in VOICE states i.e. in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Haryana.
- Manage partnership and provide support to relevant stakeholders.
- Schedule, organize, and conduct interviews for short term consultancy staff
- Recruit, train, and manage counsellors, field coordinators, and teachers for the camps
- Ensure roll out of the partner camps in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of reports and other documents
- Manage and lead field coordinators
- Act on programmatic feedback from VOICE as well as partner
- Support Operations Manager in ensuring program deliverables are accomplished in accordance with the key result areas.
- Analyse the impact assessment data and write reports
- Monitor work plan deliverables, targets, budget and key performance indicators together with Operations Manager and other staff.
- Report on a weekly basis to Operations Manager on the key areas of progress, future plans and support needed for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Any other tasks assigned by the management/operations team
Skills and competencies:
- Masters/Graduate degree with 2 -3 years of experience in recruitment
- Preference will be given to candidates below 35 years of age.
- Preference would be given to candidates who have prior experience in managing volunteers/interns
- Excellent grasp of English and Hindi is a must. Fluency in one other Indian language will be an added advantage.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with different stakeholders – from partner representatives to college students and campers
- Ability to think independently and be proactive
- Ability to critically analyze information and revise projects and plans accordingly
- Ability to adapt to new environments and succeed in a start-up environment
- Self-starter, must be able to recognize and complete tasks without constant supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and work ethics
- Passion for gender development and empowering adolescent girls
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to the development and education of women and girls is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout India and stay on-site for the duration of camps
- Ability to use MS Office or similar program for basic back-office work; advanced computer skills preferred
- Ability to research information related to programming – from curriculum to potential partners
- Understanding of or interest in progressive teaching methodologies
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a few tasks that are outside the expectations of the position.
How to Apply:
Please email resume/CV, letter which explains why you are a strong candidate and outlines your related skills as well as your interest in this organization/role, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please mention Application – Project officer in the subject line.
|Job Email id:|
Accounts ,HR ,Information Technology ,Media ,Management ,Finance Jobs,NGOs Jobs
2 -3 years
|No. of Openings