Position: Educational Assistant
Job Locations: Dharamsala, Dehradun, and Corbett
Reporting to: Educational Manager
Experience: Minimum 6 months preferably in education or waste management.
Details: Full-time position for a minimum of one year. Starting salary: Rs. 15,000 p/m. Waste Warriors is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure: Applications should be accompanied by a CV and a cover letter. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further rounds of interview. Email applications will not be accepted. Apply at link below:
Waste Warriors is a not-for-profit NGO working in the field of waste management, working in the Dharamsala, Dehradun, and Corbett areas, conducting door-to-door collection, event waste management, education programs, awareness-raising, and advocacy. We are currently recruiting Educational Assistants in Dharamsala, Dehradun, and Corbett, to assist in planning and conducting waste management related educational programs.
Responsibilities of the Educational Assistant
- Assist with forming, planning, and conducting, monitoring of educational programs in line with the vision and mission of Waste Warriors.
- Develop and establish relationships with local educational institutions and associations.
- Coordinate and conduct educational activities with schools in line with the Swachh Bharat campaign and the objectives of Waste Warriors.
- Assist with developing effective educational materials for print and online learning.
- Assist with developing a waste management module that can be included as part of a school’s curriculum in line with the laws of India and the Swachh Bharat campaign.
- Work with the project team to develop our ‘Waste Collection Service for Schools’ by conducting training programs and presentations.
- Collect accurate data and feedback that can be used to evaluate the program and measure impact.
A successful candidate will:
- Preferably have a qualification in education and teaching
- Have a genuine interest in working in the social sector
- Be passionate about the environment and a cleaner India
- Enjoy working with children and young adults
- Be at least bilingual (must be able to speak English and Hindi fluently)
- Have prior experience in planning, development, and management
- Have basic knowledge of waste management and eager to learn more.
- Confident, approachable, and dedicated
- Team player who motivates teachers, students, school staff and all stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and confidently
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of information technology
- Good written, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Ability to relate and communicate to people at all levels
- Commitment to developing educational materials
APPLY HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZKXfqZ3fS15ynQh4E4ODfnT6_Fj6BU9_LJSjy_LerOT9L1w/viewform
For additional information, contact:
Waste Warriors Dharamsala
Waste Warriors Dehradun
Waste Warriors Corbett