The Ashraya Foundation for Children (AFC) is a non-profit organization that runs several interlinked programs – ranging from education services to health and community outreach – for street children and their communities of origin in Pune, India. AFC was founded based on the principle that every child, regardless of race, religion, or family background, has the potential to succeed academically and become an aware, engaged member of society, given the proper support. Its guiding commitment is to improving and shaping the futures of vulnerable children in Pune by advancing educational opportunities, nurturing holistic development and building healthy, empowered communities.
Position description: Medical Social Worker (female applicants only)
- Overseeing daily operations of the Health Outreach Centre
- Work closely with the beneficiaries and accompany them to hospitals in case of medical emergencies
- Creating and sustaining relationships with hospitals, NGOs, local government officials, and other local partners and stakeholders
- Managing the program’s budget and continuously finding cost-effective ways to run the centre and its activities
- Effectively managing healthcare needs for the students and families of communities we support
- Work closely with the Health and Community team to identify health related issues and devise strategies to overcome them.
- Planning and organizing programs that promote and teach preventative care within clearly defined slum communities
- Collecting, collating and analyzing data based on program objectives
- Acting as an integral contributor with respect to long-range program planning and developing metrics for evaluation of outcomes
- Overseeing administrative and networking-related tasks related to the Health Program, such as tracking programmatic expenses and assisting in budget responsibilities, following up by email with local partners
- Conducting visits to patient homes in the nearby slums and supervising regular staff visits to ensure care for patients if they do not come to the centre
- Organizing medical camps, workshops, guest lectures, and other educational activities
- Maintain a system for up-to-date records for each patient
- Good knowledge of current government schemes pertaining to health and community, raise awareness within the community members regarding these schemes.
- To offer counselling to patients
- To identify women for family planning and to counsel their partners and families
Desired candidate profile:
- 2-3 Years of experience in the field of Medical Social Work with any hospital or Non-profit organization
- Masters of Social Work with Medical and Psychiatric social work as qualification.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Ability to read and understand medical reports
- Good knowledge about community health and public health
Salary and compensation: Negotiable
The applicant (only female applicants please) must send their latest resume with the post in the subject line along with the following:
- Covering letter - skills and experience that makes you suitable for this job
- Your current and expected salary
|Job Email id:|