The Executive Director is responsible for developing and spearheading daily operations of AFC on-site in Pune. The Executive Director is the senior-most person on the ground, liaising with a broad range of stakeholders on a daily basis. The individual will develop organizational goals, objectives and policies that align with the mission of AFC, under the guidance of the International Board of Directors. The individual will also work to build public value for the AFC mission in Pune, and collaborate with the community to produce shared, positive outcomes for children, families and staff.
Networking and Public Relations:
- Represent AFC and promoting our organization‘s mission with donors, corporate sponsors, volunteers and others.
- Monitor fundraising and PR efforts by the Fundraising Director (who reports to the Executive Director); ensure a steady pipeline of fundraising and grant opportunities, as well as increased visibility and community involvement at local events.
- Provide oversight and hold ultimate responsibility for donor management (spearheaded by the Fundraising Director), including donor reports and effective tracking of impact assessment.
- With the Fundraising Director, create a comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes concrete and time-bound targets and encourages input from staff, sponsors and volunteers.
- Oversee daily operations in Pune, manage the budget, staff, beneficiaries and proactive communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensure our activities fulfill program goals and are in line with AFC‘s mission and vision.
- Challenge impact of our initiatives and course-correct whenever needed, under guidance of the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the International Board to design, review and execute on program strategies.
- Ensure adequate risk and crisis management.
Personnel Management and Leadership:
- Maintain a productive and constructive job climate that attracts and retains a diverse staff and volunteer base of high-quality professionals. Provide inspirational leadership for the team, and work through the team by promoting a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment and management of personnel and volunteers. Anticipate, determine and act on staffing needs and changes.
- Work with the Board of Directors and local Program Directors to improve performance, retention and employee experience.
- Provide management coaching, build leadership capabilities in the team and address employee issues whenever required. Provide oversight, mentorship and guidance for local Program Directors. Coordinate and oversee training, development and supervision of all staff on site, in conjunction with the Program Directors/other staff as applicable. Ensure volunteer needs are met regarding formalities that may arise with their volunteer term (FRO documents, housing, job specific items, etc).
Legal and Administrative Duties:
- Support legal compliance of AFC’s local programs and administrative practices in any context; securing necessary registrations for the organization and ensure registration renewal where required.
- Prepare the annual budget in relation to AFC’s local operations with input from the team; collaboration with all relevant staff, as well as the International Board will be required to ensure all needs are met, while demonstrating fiscal responsibility. Monitor budget expenditures and financial activities.
- Ensure proper and accurate recording-keeping that adheres to local as well as international standards and law.
- Develop and enforce relevant organizational policies and procedures, ensure proper implementation through Program Directors and Coordinators.
- Oversee the production of quarterly and annual reports from Program Directors and Coordinators (financial and programmatic).
- Participate in meetings with the International Board when required. It is an expectation that proper documentation and supporting materials will be prepared for any requested action surrounding compliance, audits, or personnel issues that arise.
Desired candidate profile:
- Fluency in English and Hindi - written and oral (required); fluency in Marathi strongly desired
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills with a persuasive, tactful, and professional demeanor
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously with donors, fundraisers, program staff and Directors, local trustees, beneficiaries, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Self-directedness and ability to achieve objectives with minimal oversight; ability to work flexible hours
- Previous experience working with confidential and/or sensitive information and materials
- Commitment to helping build and develop a growing and maturing program and local team
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; superior typing skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills on the job as the position evolves with the growth of the organization
- Basic photography skills; basic understanding of graphic design
Salary and compensation:
Competitive compensation and incentives. Fixed and variable component with a maximum annual compensation of Rs. 12’00’000 depending on seniority and performance.
|Job Email id:|