Position: Programme / Project Managers
Level: Mid and senior level
Location: Delhi and other State locations
Organisation: Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF)
About DEF: Set up in 2002, the Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) is a development not-for-profit entity with focus on Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) for development and good governance. It works in key areas of – Skill development & capacity building, social entrepreneurship, ICT services delivery, Information for empowerment & development, Local Governance, Public Services Delivery & citizen entitlements, digital content & solutions for rural empowerment, youth and women empowerment, ICT for Panchayat and Local self-governance, ICTs for Civil Society Organisations, ICT solutions for MSMEs, Public Library, Wireless solutions for communities (W4C), ICT for cluster development, ICTs for environment & natural resource management, Internet rights, Knowledge products and services (Research & case study products), Award and Knowledge networks, Mobiles for Social & Behavioural Changes, Social Media for Development & Change, ICTs for regional development (North East India), Community Radio & Broadcasting solutions, ICT Academy for youth & institutional empowerment. DEF has presence in 22 States in India. Details at www.defindia.org
Main purpose of job: The Programme / Project Managers position will be responsible for the project ideation, visioning, planning, development project frameworks, coordination and execution of programme activities at Digital Empowerment Foundation. This includes undertaking - programme ideation, implementation, independent handling of programme-project, coordination, correspondence and communication with partners and stakeholders, documentation of programme-project activities, developing project proposals, bringing out programme – project reports and such other activities necessary to handle programme-project.
Applications invited from probable candidates having experience, expertise in:
- School Education Program
- Public Library development
- Local Governance & Panchayat Raj Development
- Citizen Services Delivery & Entitlements
- Cluster Development of weavers, farmers
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Undertake project ideation, visioning, planning and developing project frameworks
- Undertake responsibility for programmes-projects including independent handling of projects
- Undertake project implementation, independent handling of works in areas of education, health, gender, governance, livelihood, environment and others related to ICT for Development
- Undertake coordination, correspondence responsibility on above areas
- Coordinate for projects and events like workshops, seminars, conference, training programmes
- Undertake responsibility in preparing Project proposals independently
- Responsibility in documentation, publication works pertaining to ICT for Development in above areas
- Carry out any such project related research and documentation work as and when required
- Programme sustainability towards Social Enterprise.
- Must be at least a post graduate Rural Development or Social Sciences (with practical knowledge of ICT for Development)
- Additional and relevant professional qualification is a value addition.
- Must at least have 5 years of pure programme-project handling experience in development / social sector; experience in ICT for development areas will be a value addition
- Must have adequate project management skills including project ideation, visioning, planning and developing implementation frameworks
- Must have undertaken independent management and handling of works preferably in ICT for Development extensively
- Understands the ICT for Development domain adequately
- Must have proven documentation and report making experience
- Must have experience in supporting publication of project reports
- Must have adequate communication and correspondence skills
- Must be having capacity to work under pressure and handle professional pressures
- Must have led programmes, projects independently
- Experience in managing a social venture or a social enterprise will be preferred.
This is a full time engagement. Remuneration shall not be a constraint for right and deserving candidates. Short-listed candidates will receive specific information on the salary range on request.
Age limit: Candidates should be preferably in the age bracket 30 – 45 years
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter in English that illustrates your interest in the position. You should include the following information:
- Your experience with programme-project management and handling including any ICT for development projects, if any
- Your ICT experience & knowledge
- Your experience in coordination and correspondence in project works and programmes
- Your background in social sector / development sector context preferably in ICT for development
- Your computer skills
- Other information you think might be of importance to our assessment of your application
- Two references: names, relationship, contact details.
Please send this information via email with ‘DEF: Application for Programme-Project Manager’ in the subject line to: email@example.com. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Email id:|