WaterAid is an international charity established in 1981. Our vision is of a world where everyone, everywhere has access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Presently, WaterAid works in 37 countries worldwide, transforming millions of lives every year with safe water, sanitation and hygiene projects.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most marginalised communities. The country office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi. WaterAid India also has regional offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations.
WAI’s focus in the coming years will be promoting and securing the rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poorest and most marginalised communities through our work.
To provide support and supervision to WaterAid offices and partner organisations in upholding high standards of financial systems, practices, and compliance; and to enable analysis of financial information of the Region Offices to support decision making
- Monitor regular partner finance systems and practices
- Make monitoring visits to partners, review financial progress with actual project activities
- Check the internal controls of partner organisations according to WaterAid and donor requirements, especially with regard to recording and safeguarding of assets
- Ensure funds are used appropriately, according to the budget, and obtain value for money
- On monthly/quarterly basis, feedback to management and partners on critical issues, variances, including analysis of data and recommendations of actions to be taken
- Support capacity building of internal staff and partners on financial management for efficient programme management
- Present monitoring reports on gaps in controls, capacities, with recommendation and follow up action on the same
- Analyse the financial information and support management decision-making
- Responsible for risk based management of partners and projects
- Budgeting/Budgetary control
- Advise partners on budgeting process, review all submitted budgets
- Ensure compliance in all financial aspects of Region Offices
- Advise partners on donor compliance issues and ensure expenditure is within donor guidelines
- Support external and internal audits
- Assist in identifying external auditors, review and prepare an audit action plan with partners, support in implementation and feedback for follow-up
- Contribute to Finance manual and guidelines development, and the operationalisation of the same
- Monitor cash & Fund Flow of partner and Region
- Well versed in Accounting - Global Accounting Software (GAS)
- Knowledge on Partner Appraisal for funding.
- Manage and guide regional admin & Accounts
Eligibilities and requirements
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or MBA (Finance) from reputed university/institute
- Between 7 to 12 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context
- IT literate and have good knowledge of Excel, word & Power point (MS Office in general)
- Hands on operational knowledge of working on/customising accounting softwares/packages
- Experience of developing and using monitoring and reporting systems
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Highly numerate, strong accounting knowledge, and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to coach both finance and non-finance people on financial topics including budgeting & internal controls
- Fluency in spoken and written English and vernacular language.
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention position and location in the subject line “Finance Coordinator-Hyderabad”.
- Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date: 4 December 2017
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
|Job Email id:|