The position is responsible for managing and supervising HR, Administration, Procurement, IT and Travel functions for the USEA office in India in line with the Union’s global and regional office policies. The Senior Manager HR & Administration will be reporting to the Dy. Regional Director – Finance & Operations and will support in the development of the strategy, annual plan and budget for the above areas., S/he will also be responsible for setting up effective and transparent processes and tracking mechanisms to ensure efficient and need based services to internal customers as well as effective communication and understanding of such policies and processes to staff. Once implemented, these processes and policies need to be regularly reviewed and improved.
OVERALL MANAGEMENT OF THE FUNCTION:
- To support the Dy. Regional Director – Finance & Operations in the preparation of the annual plan and budgets for HR & Administration (office admin, travel , IT and procurement) in line with project and office budgets.
- To implement efficient, transparent and customer-oriented processes at the USEA office in line with the Union’s global policies and statutory requirements in the area of HR & Administration.
- To design relevant MIS formats for all Administration procurement, travel and IT related functions and to review these periodically to generate insights for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of services.
- To prepare monthly/quarterly reports, in specified template/s for management information and decision making.
- To guide project Admin teams for maintaining information that may be required by external auditors and review teams for HR & Admin processes; for all processes executed by the central Operations team, ensure maintenance of audit relevant data within the team; act as the focal point for project admin staff to resolve any queries/ complaints.
- Identify critical capacity requirements of administrative staff in the USEA office (including admin support staff in projects) and take necessary steps to address the needs and strengthen the organisation.
- To effectively monitor and manage the performance of the team; provide regular feedback to team members for further enhancements.
- To provide relevant information to SMT and participate in SMT meetings as and when required/ invited.
HUMAN RESOURCES (40%):
- To oversee and regularly review the HR services provided by HR team members (recruitment, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, learning interventions and compliances)
- To lead review and implementation of HR policies and SOPs on an annual basis or as and when required
- To further explore HR & Payroll software / ERP system in order to utilise its full capacity for the office.
- To liaise with Unit Heads and their first line to prepare projections of Unit needs from an HR perspective
- To participate in Unit/Project reviews to gather information on needs and feedback on services being provided.
- To oversee and regularly review the implementation of Union/USEA policies for administration (procurement, travel and IT); conduct regular internal checks with Project Admin staff to ensure adherence.
- To ensure implementation of relevant policies and processes with high customer focus (wherever executed by the central ops team).
- To ensure empanelment of vendors for various needs of the office and seek regular feedback from the units on the performance of such vendors and take corrective action where required
- To regularly liaise with relevant people in the Units/Projects to prepare projections of their administration related needs
- To collaborate with the Legal Consultant for preparation of agreements/contracts and ensure that all agreements/contracts are credible and compliant with statutory requirements.
- To ensure timely release of RFPs for procurement needs of the office
- To oversee provision of administrative services to USEA staff including housekeeping, logistics support for office events etc.
- To oversee maintenance of all fixed assets of the organisation, it’s effective codification, periodic updation of records, inventory management of material/goods, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports and coordination of physical verification of assets/inventory items
- To oversee functions for the USEA office including payment of utility bills, asset management, vehicle management, reception management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate in any stream with a good academic record followed by Post Graduation in Management (Masters/ PDGBM/ MBA)
- 10+ years of experience in managing HR/ Administration/ both services with atleast 3-5 years in supervisory capacity managing a team delivering services to internal clients
- 2-3 years of experience in development sector preferred
- Result orientation with high customer and process orientation is a must
- Should have adequate knowledge of establishing a good network of vendors for administrative services
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment, with demonstrated leadership
- Skilled in Interpersonal Communication, Planning & Organizing, Negotiation and Assertiveness
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Hindi
How to apply:
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job. Last date for submitting applications is 5 January 2018 and they have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application for Sr. Mgr - HR & Admin” in the subject line.
|Job Email id:|