Welthungerhilfe, originally founded in the sixties as the National Committee of the FAO Freedom from Hunger Campaign and earlier called “German Agro Action”, is a secular, non-profit, non governmental organization working in the field of international development cooperation and emergency aid. Welthungerhilfe is dedicated to food security and the eradication of root causes of poverty. For over 53 years, Welthungerhilfe supports voluntary and civil society partner organizations in rural India (www.welthungerhilfesouthasia.org).
Position Title: Communication Officer-Partner Support
Term: 2 Years (renewable)
Duty Station: New Delhi
Starting date: April 2018
Last date of application: 25th February 2018
Objectives of the position: The Communication Officer-Partner Support will be part of a EU supported project for building domestic resource mobilization capacities of CSOs. The project ’s overall goal is to contribute to a strengthened civil society in India that is able to perform its independent role of empowering vulnerable sections of Indian society. It aims to achieve this by supporting small civil society organizations in various ways, of which communications forms a vital part.
With guidance from the Head of Programme and in close coordination with the rest of the team, the Communications Officer will:
Support the fund-raising work of small civil society organizations through:
- Public relations and press work
- Design of campaigns and fundraising events, preparing elevator’s pitch
- Social media and web presence
- Storytelling, photography, videography and documentation
- Programme design and proposal development
- Creative Reporting
Developing communication strategy for the project and for the implementing partners and supporting the implementation process
Successful fund-raising, and specifically managing relationships with key donors, including donors from the Government, the corporate sector, foundations and philanthropists.
Duties and areas of responsibility
Communication & PR:
- Develops and implements a communication strategy for the project
- Supports and ensures quality of publications and reports
- Procures and manages consultancies engaged in communications related work, including contracts and finance
- Holds responsibility for updating the website and social media channels of Welthungerhilfe and NGO partners
- Visit field areas and support the implementing partners, CSOs and Social Enterprises supported through the project to prepare and pitch case stories from their projects
- Support the communication work related to the Crowd Funding Platform to be set up through the project
- Coordinates with the Communication Officer of India office and press desk at HQ level on a regular basis.
- Develops and maintains relationships with journalists and other media contacts, and facilitates journalist visits to the projects.
- Maintains a contact database, mailing lists, photo archives, and a calendar of PR events
- Identifies national and international donors in India and maintains the relationship
- Facilitates meetings with public and private donors, mobilizes funds
- Documents all significant project events, assists in organizing such events and bring out publications as and when necessary
- Reviews publication materials being produced by the partner and project team
- Provides editorial support to colleagues from the project and partners, specifically for selected articles and case studies, presentations, background notes, concept papers, training modules and reports
Support to partners:
- Provides necessary support to project partners, CSOs and Social Enterprises on developing IEC material
- Provides a helping hand to project coordinators on project documentation
- Builds and maintains an image library with images from projects with proper labelling
- Be part of emergency strategic teams as per need
- Supports the project staff in organizing and documenting seminars, meetings and workshops
- Other tasks assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Communication Officer will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in communication, journalism, advertizing or related field with training and / or experience on fund raising
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in communications work preferably in a multicultural environment
- Creative, thinks out of the box and good at designing IEC material
- A self-driven worker possessing an ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Fully conversant with use of new technology for communications and outreach, including the web, multimedia tools and social media
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent communications skills in both spoken and written forms, in English and preferably also in Hindi
- Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels in a multi?cultural and multi disciplinary environment
- Experience of engaging with the media
Interested candidates should write to firstname.lastname@example.org, with their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a short write-up on how they meet the position requirements.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: email@example.com