Position: Database Support Associate
Start Date: 25-Jan-2018
End date: 24-Feb-2018
Location: New Delhi
Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond.
We are non-governmental, non-religious and work with many local NGOs and community based organizations to implement our programs. We currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia – countries with a desperate lack of resources to educate their children. Since our inception, Room to Read’s worldwide team has impacted over 7.8 million children by constructing more than 1,600 schools, establishing over 15,000 libraries, publishing 874 new children’s book titles in 27 local languages, and reaching over 20,000 girls through our Girls’ Education program.
Room to Read has an annual budget of approximately US$43.7 million and our global staff numbers over 600. Our global headquarters is located in San Francisco, and we have smaller fundraising offices in Delhi, New York, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Sydney, and Tokyo. We have an Asia Regional Office located in New Delhi and program offices in Colombo, Dar es Salaam, Dhaka, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Kathmandu, Lusaka, New Delhi, Pretoria, Phnom Penh, and Vientiane.
Room to Read India was established in 2003. It is headquartered in New Delhi and currently has operations across seven states, viz. Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. Room to Read India has been the recipient of the prestigious TOI- JP Morgan Social Impact Award 2013 under the NGO category for education.
RtR India’s annual budget is around INR 30 crores, which comprise both local and foreign funds. We have a core staff of around 100 in Delhi and across the seven states and an additional workforce of about 200 field-level staff.
Room to Read has a Global Solution Database (GSD) operated through online platform namely salesforce.com. GSD is mainly an online data portal which stores organization MIS data. The Database Support Associate (DSA) will be entering, updating data, coordinating, facilitating various GSD online programs through salesforce.com. The incumbent has to work closely with program teams and this position is based out of our Country Office (New Delhi) with a travel to RtR state offices on regular basis or as and when required. The position will report to Manager – Research, Monitoring & Evaluation. This person needs to coordinate with Regional and Global counter parts as and when needed. This position needs to ensure that data quality and integrity from time to time and inform concern stake holders for necessary action.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support teams across the states as the first level of support in GSD usage.
- Ensure timely data flow and reporting from states to Country office level and its quality control.
- Identify the training needs and conduct relevant trainings to GSD users.
- Generate Reports from GSD and clean, enter the data as required.
- Work in coordination with Regional and Global counterparts and inform local RME team about the changes timely.
- Review the dashboards timely and ensure completion of data entry as per timelines and inform concern stake holders in the system.
- Analyze the data and identify the errors, outliers and inform concerned teams to correct the same in time.
- Generate monthly fact sheet from the data available in GSD and share with team.
- Ensure timely GSD entry by coordinating with teams and users.
- Generate a Dashboard and share the same on regular intervals.
- Any other work assigned by reporting manager.
Qualification and Experience:
- /B.C.A/B.Sc/ B.Tech (Computers) from Recognized University or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience on data base handling and its maintenance.
- Prior experience of working with Non-Profit Organization and knowledge of managing databases.
- Experience in Training end users on computer applications
- Knowledge of Ms-Office Packages( MS-EXCEL, MS- ACCESS, MS-POWERPOINT ) is compulsory
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills (Both Hindi & English)
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to perform Multi – Tasking
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Health benefits are also provided. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE.
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We always encourage Women to apply.