JD of Fundraiser Manager
Lines of reporting: The Fundraising Manager reports to the COO. They will work closely with the Directors on progress against strategic fundraising targets.
The role will include the following core responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, corporates, trusts/foundations instrumental in giving CSR fund with appropriate priorities.
- Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA
- Develop standardised fundraising and publicity materials for awareness- and fundraising.
- Create a regular quarterly newsletter to share with supporters, partners and funders.
- Continually seek new and appropriate contacts and partnerships with relevant individuals or organisations.
- Develop media contacts and publicise the impact of Vikalp work at the national and international level.
- Uphold and promote the ethos and philosophy of Vikalp India.
STRATEGIC AND GOVERNANCE
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future direction and growth CSR funding, through input into board meetings and the organisational strategic plan.
- Take ownership of organisational growth and funding, reporting to the Board on progress against fundraising targets at quarterly meetings.
FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT AND REPORTING
- Lead communication with key funds with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Ensure the organisation’s cashflow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds.
- Develop a deep understanding of the global issues effecting the education space
- Demonstrate commitment to the Vikalp philosophy of implementing experiential learning and deliver real and measurable improvements in school-going-children.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate these issues and philosophy effectively to funders, supporters, and partners.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Post graduate degree from accredited university
- A strong track record of securing funding for charitable or NGO activities from a variety of funding streams, preferably in the education space (essential).
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising materials (essential). Excellent personal contacts and connections with potential major funders and supporters (essential).
- An understanding of the education space.
In all aspects of this role the following personal qualities are essential:
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational abilities.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours to ensure coordination with key clinical colleagues in different locations and time zones.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
- Commitment to confidentiality and respect for patient anonymity where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel when necessary for role.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vikalp India Society is a non-governmental organization (NGO). The registration number of the organization is: 239/Jaipur/1994-95?(30-08-1994)?. It was established in the year 1994?. Vikalp India Society works in the area of Aged and elderly, Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Animal Welfare, Art & Culture, Civic Issues, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Labour & Employment, Legal Awareness & Aid, Micro Finance (SHGs), etc. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The organization operates in Rajasthan, India.