TITLE: General Manager –Technical Services
LOCATION: Jaipur (Rajasthan)
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor- Technical Services
SUPERVISES: Consultants in role of Coaches, MST
Working With: Directors, GM-Operations, Nursing led, Medical Services & Training teams
GRADE LEVEL: VIII
CATEGORY: Program Support & Management
Please send CV on email@example.com with subject line “JOB ID: DIB/GM- Technical Services. Please do not change the subject line while applying for the job
Last Date to apply: March 11, 2018
Population Services International, India is a registered Indian Society dedicated to the improvement of public health in India. As a mission, PSI makes it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services. PSI’s core values are Measurement, Honesty, Pragmatism, Collaboration, Trust and Commitment Over the past twenty- seven years, PSI has collaborated with the Government of India and a number of donors to increase the use of modern contraception for family planning, to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children and to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and TB. PSI harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address health problems of the low-income and vulnerable populations using social marketing to achieve positive behaviour change by promoting ideas, products and services conducive to better health. Through its social enterprise arm, PSI promotes and distributes multiple health products, using commercial channels and outlets to make available quality health products at affordable prices. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.in.
About the program:
PSI is rolling out a project to improve the maternal and new born health care in Rajasthan named as the Utkrisht Impact Bond. The Utkrisht impact bond is the world’s first health Development Impact Bond (DIB) and the largest and most ambitious impact bond to date. The project is focused to improve the access to and the quality of care in private health care facilities in the state, so that they achieve the new certification standard developed by the National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) and the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI).
A. POSITION PURPOSE:
The General Manager – Technical Services will be the lead role to provide high quality training and performance enhancement inputs in the areas of maternal health, post -partum family planning and newborn care. S/he will be a key member of the state office Medical Services & Training (MST) team and technical team and will report and discuss progress of training, performance issues and other quality related issues to Director Programs. S/he will also provide strategic inputs to PSI/India programs for improved health impact. S/he will discuss and share lessons learned, accomplishments and strategies with other stakeholders.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The incumbent will lead the overall technical inputs for the program.
- S/he will lead in coordination with FOGSI/ National experts for development/ revision of guidelines, training material, curricula, Job-aids specific to the program as required.
- S/he will ensure capacity building of other members of the technical team, s/he will identify, secure and disseminate latest information and training materials and plan and implement formal and informal workshops (or ToTs) on maternal health and newborn care and NABH & FOGSI / Matritva quality standards for PSI/India staff.
- Actively engage towards preparation and operationalization of Performance Management System (PMS) designed for this program.
- Liaison with National and State medical and training institute, state government and other authorities/private bodies/associations for policy and other advocacy issues related for this program.
- Work with private health care organization for improving their performance through Engage, Launch and Support (ELS) approaches.
- Work with operations team to review the performance of the providers on periodic basis.
- Develop and/or iterate plan of actions for achieving standards (progressive and NABH entry level) by private small health care organizations (SHCO).
- Managing inputs of the senior management team and national technical team/ advisor technical services with the overall country programs and will work closely with other MST team members & Nursing lead to assure effective training and support.
- Preparation and presentation of reports.
- Plans and prepares or contributes to publications on health care providers’ performance enhancement activities of PSI/India.
C. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An MBBS and post-graduate in Obstetrics / Gynecology or Preventive & Social Medicine or Public Health.
- With a total experience of 12-15+ years of which preferably 7-8 years’ experience as trainer in public health programs on maternal health/reproductive health/family planning.
- Experience in implementing large scale public health program in India or similar settings.
- Developing of training modules, delivery of high end technical training program and workshops are desirable.
- Experience in implementing check list based program will get added advantages.
D. Essential Values, Behaviors and Skills
- Committed professional with a strong understanding and desire to contribute towards improved public health in India.
- High in analytical skills, quick thinker and work with multiple stakeholders of national and international repute.
- Proficiency in training knowledge and skills on maternal health, family planning and newborn care.
- Good understanding of adult learning principles, experiential learning and transfer of knowledge to practice.
- Understanding of public and private health systems in India.
- A team player with strong facilitation & mentoring skills
- Good computer skills.
- Strong in: people management, writing and presentation skills, interpersonal skills necessary for mentoring health care providers training and supportive supervision, and external stakeholder management, organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent writing skills and fluent in English and Hindi speaking.
- Willingness to travel extensively in program areas around 40% of time.
- Drive Change and Innovation: act with urgency for continuous improvement and with a bias towards action; promote development of breakthrough solutions; embrace and advocate innovations that improve results; aggressively promotes the need for breakthrough improvements
- Develop Others: give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn; Coaches others and helps them develop their knowledge and skills; Give people authority to make decisions
- Act with Long term Perspective: take actions today to build a strong foundation for future success; identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities; keep PSI’s long-term goals in mind when addressing short-term issues and problems. Identifies and acts to create organizational capability needed to meet future organizational goals
- Manage Complexity: clarify issues in complex or ambiguous situations; balance competing priorities or goals; manage effectively in matrix organization; make timely decisions using available facts in ambiguous situations; make sense of inconsistent data; Keeps focused on key objectives and results when addressing the details of a situation
- Influence Decisions & Actions: build support for recommendations and decisions; find common ground and mutual benefits to gain agreement and commitment; show enthusiasm, excitement and passion for goals. Identifies and communicates benefits to get agreement.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org