POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL, INDIA
Scope of Work
POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL, INDIA
TITLE: Consultant - Medical Services and Training
LOCATION: 4 positions Jaipur and Ajmer
DEPARTMENT: Medical Services & Training
REPORTS TO: General Manager – Technical Services
ROLE OF: MST (in the role of Training and Capacity Building)
Term of the Contract: Full time
Nature of the Contract: Full Time Consultants
Grade Level Equivalent: VI (Manager)
CATEGORY: Program Support & Management
Please send CV on email@example.com with subject line “JOB ID: DIB/Consultant MST. Please do not change the subject line while applying for the job
Last Date to apply: March 11, 2018
Population Services International, India is a registered Indian Society dedicated to the improvement of public health in India. As a mission, PSI makes it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services. PSI’s core values are Measurement, Honesty, Pragmatism,
Collaboration, Trust and Commitment Over the past twenty- seven years, PSI has collaborated with the Government of India and a number of donors to increase the use of modern contraception for family planning, to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children and to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and TB. PSI harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address health problems of the low-income and vulnerable populations using social marketing to achieve positive behaviour change by promoting ideas, products and services conducive to better health. Through its social enterprise arm, PSI promotes and distributes multiple health products, using commercial channels and outlets to make available quality health products at affordable prices. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.in.
About the program:
PSI is rolling out a project to improve the maternal and new born health care in Rajasthan named as the Utkrisht Impact Bond. The Utkrisht impact bond is the world’s first health Development Impact Bond (DIB) and the largest and most ambitious impact bond to date. The project is focused to improve the access to and the quality of care in private health care facilities in the state, so that they achieve the new certification standard developed by the National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) and the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI).
A. POSITION PURPOSE:
Consultant - Medical Services and Training (MST) will lead Quality Improvement and sustaining quality through capacity building of provider and paramedic staff in assigned area of intervention.
Consultant (MST) will support project in training, technical backstopping and mentoring the coaches (Nurses) and team leads (Doctors) based in private health facilities across the state of Rajasthan and will help resolve issues during the Support phase of Implementation with the help of Head Operations
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a 100% Field job.
- Lead the facility mapping and assessment using standard tools.
- Conduct initial training of Provider / paramedic using tools and materials developed under the program.
- Participate in initial orientation and coaching for coaches in the hubs /facility staff for implementation of the Program.
- Responsible for visits on site, identify gaps and observe the Matritava standard / practices at facility level and provide mentoring and coaching support to facility and program team to reach Matritava certification.
- Develop internal refresher training with inputs from technical teams
- Review MIS data periodically with Intervention lead to evaluate issues-focusing on the Support phase of implementation. These may include lack of progress of facilities, birth attendants not taking up the checklist, transportation challenges, etc.
- Regular communication with and reporting to Implementation Lead about progress and challenges in Support phase of implementation.
- Develop various training manual and material to intervention as and when need arises.
- Address issues facing coaches in the field and support them on dealing with those issues.
- Extensive travel to support the facility / staff in the field, while doing support visit, in coordination with Implementation Lead and TL.
- Develop any other relevant reports as and when needed by the supervisor
- Providing overall technical support to the Intervention arm.
C. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MBBS with Post-Graduation in Public Health/Social Sciences/Management/Humanities and 5 to 8 years of experience in Public Health/MCH training/ mentoring and behavior change process is a must.
- Experience in public health national programs like national polio surveillance.
- A team player with strong facilitation
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Training and facilitation skills
- Good computer skills
- Working knowledge of Hindi is a must for this position.
- Experience with PSI may be considered in lieu of stated qualification and experience.
- Willingness to travel throughout rural Rajasthan
- Strong commitment to quality in health care
- Interest in research and evidence-based practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with nursing, doctors, public health professionals
- Develop Others: give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn.
- Drive Change & Innovation: act with urgency for continuous improvement and with a bias towards action; promote development of breakthrough solutions; embrace and advocate innovations that improve results.
- Act with Long-Term Perspective: take actions today to build a strong foundation for future success; identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities; keep PSI’s long-term goals in mind when addressing short-term issues and problems.
- Communicate & Share Information: Communicates clearly, concisely and to the point, Keeps the appropriate people up to date on progress against goals, Adapts his/her level of speaking to ensure understanding of people whose native language is not his/her own.
- Manage Complexities: clarify issues in complex or ambiguous situations; balance competing priorities or goals; manage effectively in matrix organization; make timely decisions using available facts in ambiguous situations; make sense of inconsistent data.
Approving Authority (for the work as defined in the Scope of Work): GM- Technical Services
Terms of Payment: Monthly on raising invoice
Project Allocation (from where the payment is to be made) DIB
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org