TITLE: Advisor - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
REPORTS TO: Regional Representative – Asia
LOCAL HIRE: YES
JOB STATION NEW DELHI
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
She/he supports the Regional Representative Asia/Country Representative in undertaking program monitoring, evaluation and research, developing strategies, plans and implementing them through the state M&E officers. S/he works with the Team Leaders and Field Managers to ensure that high-quality M&E practices are included in project-based activities and work plans, that indicators and M&E plans conform to EngenderHealth and donor standards and protocols, and that evidence, lessons learned and best practices are appropriately captured, documented, and disseminated across country projects. The ME&R Advisor reports to the Regional Representative Asia and the Country Representative India. S/he works closely with the ME&R Team at headquarters.
In addition to above, S/he may be responsible for providing support to the Asia Region for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning i.e. for providing MEL technical assistance to EngenderHealth programs and projects in the region. In particular, She/he will provide organizational oversight, build capacity and ensure quality in all MEL activities conducted by EngenderHealth programs and projects in the region.
- Provide ME&R guidance and support for implementation of the Project Monitoring Plans (PMP) for the projects, including linking it to the Project’s results framework, reporting requirements, and relevant performance indicators, and leading the development of a Project Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Working in collaboration with the Project management team and HQ ME&R and clinical staff, design and analyze Program research studies to measure impact of interventions and assess result information not captured through the routine monitoring system.
- Ensure routine data collection for the Projects in collaboration with the government, including the provision of technical assistance to the government to strengthen its Management information system (MIS);
- Collaborate with and guide project staff on the development of annual work plans for on going Region/India projects, ensuring ME&R activities/studies are included and budgeted for
- Identify needs for and coordinate ME&R technical assistance, whether from EH internal resource persons, consultants or other institutions.
- Provide technical review for M&E plans for all ongoing Region/India projects, ensuring that they adhere to organizational reporting and donor requirements.
- In collaboration with local database specialists and Project and the IT team, oversee the development and maintenance of a quality database for all ongoing projects.
- In collaboration with ME&R and programs staff, ensure accurate data is regularly entered into relevant external databases.
- Provide technical and ethical input, review and sign off for study protocols for all projects prior to submission to Regional Representative and Country Representative and EngenderHealth HQ.
- Oversee local IRB submissions for all study protocols in accordance with local laws and regulations for all ongoing Projects.
- Ensure timely submission of annual EngenderHealth/HQ indicator reporting for Region/India Projects.
- Work with Region/India Project teams and EH/HQ staff to document lessons learned and success stories, including publication of technical briefs and other products.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- A doctorate (Ph.D.) in public health, demography, social science or related field
- At least 15 years or more of relevant experience in applying ME&R to international reproductive health projects, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Experience working on large-scale reproductive health programs, including knowledge of donor reporting requirements on family planning interventions is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare structures and programs
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative studies grounded in service delivery programs.
- Experience in performing multivariate data analysis using STATA, SAS or SPSS and knowledge of qualitative data analysis programs; ATLAS is desirable.
- Experience developing M&E plans and handling of research in development / health sector
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural awareness
- Tenacity to succeed in a highly matrixed global organization
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering skills
- Ability to tailor data collection approaches to local needs, interests, and capabilities
- Ability to convey M&E results to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link. Then click on the “India” link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV.