TITLE: Regional Resource Mobilization Advisor
REPORTS TO: Regional Representative – Asia
DUTY STATION: NEW DELHI
LOCAL HIRE: YES
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The Regional Resource Mobilisation Advisor will contribute to the growth of EngenderHealth’s public and private sector fundraising capabilities with a strong focus on raising money for promising new health areas, while maintaining ambitious revenue growth targets. S/he will be responsible for donor relations and creating a positive environment for smooth collaboration and increased funding opportunities. S/he will lead efforts for proposal development and also provides additional fundraising support to EngenderHealth’s Global Resource Mobilisation to support fundraising for new health areas.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development by working with field and headquarters staff on program design, proposal writing and cost proposal development
- Track local and international donor funding opportunities and track contacts between EngenderHealth staff and key donors and produce a monthly update on the status of these contacts
- Be aware of donor priorities and government health policies and programs in EngenderHealth’s areas of intervention
- Identify potential donors and develop relationships with them by meeting them on a regular basis to update them on EngenderHealth programs
- Ensure up-to-date awareness of the region’s field activities in all program areas by visiting country programs
- Expand the capabilities of EngenderHealth staff to participate in technical and cost proposals and other business development efforts through mentoring and direct training
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and strategize on new business opportunities
- Liaise with other partner organizations involved in public health and identify areas of potential collaboration; take the lead in developing concept notes for potential collaborative projects
- Keep abreast of the international public health best practices in these areas
- Follow releases of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Expressions of Interest (EOI) from potential donors which may be of interest to EngenderHealth; to the extent possible, and ethical, anticipate the release of RFPs and EOIs
- Assist in program design and proposal writing for development of large proposals
- Deliver presentations on behalf of EngenderHealth in the proposal development meetings and other external events.
- Track and share progress against business development targets for the region
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- MBA with 5-10 years of management experience in the development sector
- Experience in partnership relationships with NGOs and donor relations
- Outstanding writing / documentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing in English to make effective public presentations
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Able to achieve results in collaboration with own and other teams
- Able to get results with limited supervision
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of the key health issues like Reproductive and Child Health (RCH), family planning,
- Knowledge and deep understanding of the region’s social, political and economic dynamics,
- Knowledge of donor environment and conceptual clarity on major policy issues in health
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link. Then click on the “India” link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV.