TITLE: Regional Director of Transformative Programs & Quality
REPORTS TO: Regional Representative – Asia
DUTY STATION: NEW DELHI
LOCAL HIRE: YES
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The Regional Director of Transformative Programs & Quality will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of high quality, innovative programs, ensuring the quality of programs implemented by EH and ensuring that the knowledge we gain from implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs is incorporated into the development of future programs. The incumbent will provide strategic vision and support to country programs in the region in implementing country strategy plans and coordinating technical inputs to country programs, annual reports. S/he will ensure that Country Offices meet EngenderHealth Operating Standards / Standard Operating Practices on M&E, Research and Quality and will support them maintain a robust M&E system to measure achievement and progress toward program goals and results. S/he will also support Country Programs articulate their top priority advocacy objectives and develop a realistic plan for achieving these. S/he will support Country teams in production of high quality policy briefing papers, statements, external communications products and case studies to influence target audiences.
- Provide strategic vision and support to country programs in the region in implementing country strategy plans (SP 2020), coordinating technical inputs to country programs, annual reports
- Support Regional RM Advisor and country teams in conceptualizing and designing cost effective, innovative and high quality proposals and program frameworks in line with EH mission and vision.
- Support country teams comply with EngenderHealth’s Program Quality Framework and Program KPIs
- Support country programs ensure the integration of cross cutting issues (Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion) into design and implementation
- Support Country Directors / Country Program Managers ensure that Country Office programs are successfully implemented and monitored, and that all programs/ projects result in significant improvements for women and girls, with respect to realization of their SRH&R.
- Ensure the provision of high quality technical assistance and capacity building to all country office programs, projects and staff by managing all internal and external technical assistance
- Ensure application of the TA protocols and tools
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability (Support function to Regional MEL Manager):
- Ensure that Country Offices meet EngenderHealth Operating Standards / Standard Operating Practices on M&E, Research and Quality,
- Support Country program maintain a robust M&E system to measure achievement and progress toward program goals and results
- Support Country Programs in Measurement of achievement and progress toward program goals and results through the M & E system
- Support Country Programs in the development and implementation of M & E systems at program and project level which generate accurate, actionable information in a timely manner.
- Develop and oversee a robust M&E system to measure achievement and progress toward national and global program goals and results, including reaching the global outcome indicators, and to drive CLA (collaboration, learning & adaptation) and improved program quality
- Support country programs on use of data for program decision making
- Support country programs in the design and implementation of and ensure the quality of internal and external evaluations and baseline, midline and end-line surveys
- Ensure our work is accountable to Women and Girls, and other stakeholders through the establishment and management of effective accountability mechanisms and processes
Advocacy, Campaign and Communications (Until Regional Advisor – Policy and Advocacy is recruited):
- Support Country Teams develop a clear and realistic country level advocacy strategy.
- Support Country Programs articulate their top priority advocacy objectives and develop a realistic plan for achieving these
- Support Country teams identify key opportunities and events to position EngenderHealth as the leading organisation on SRH&R.
- Support Country teams in production of high quality policy briefing papers, statements , external communications products and case studies to influence target audiences
- Support country teams identify and manage potential risks associated with EngenderHealth’s public positions and design strategies to mitigate the risks that have been identified
- Support Country teams to ensure the branding, communication and sign off guidelines of EngenderHealth are uniformly and consistently followed
- Support Country teams develop and deliver a clear and effective system for internal and external communications
Learning and Innovation:
- Engage in relevant national and global networks
- Foster and champion a culture of evidence building and learning across the country offices
- Support country programs to ensure that learning from program monitoring and evaluation is appropriately shared and incorporated into strategic planning and new program development
- Make learning from the region available to other country programs.
- Support Country offices identify, develop and oversee operational and analytical research, coordinate the publication and dissemination of results to Government and other development actors, and ensure that research informs advocacy
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and take responsibility for the recruitment, training and mentoring of staff under this department.
- Ensure that staff under this department have clearly defined objectives and understand their responsibilities.
- Encourage a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ensure that technical sector staff proactively build and maintain their technical skills and competencies, and seek to identify and make available appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
- Ensure appropriate gender and ethnic diversity within the country programs
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s degree with significant experience (10+ years) in an INGO environment, including 7+ years experience in SRH&R.
- Experience in related sectors such as education; nutrition, WASH, Health Systems Strengthening, livelihoods and governance.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, preferable in an international setting, with proven track record of people and team management and development
- Significant experience leading strategic planning and in transformative program design.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural awareness
- Tenacity to succeed in a highly matrixed global organization.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- A strong understanding of different methodologies of monitoring and evaluation and operational research and experience in developing integrated MEAL systems
- The ability to effectively establish a learning culture within an organisation
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts.
- Strong representation and influencing skills
- Experience of management of diverse workforce including effective performance management and utilization of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Commitment to and understanding of EH’s mission, vision and values, including rights-based approaches
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link. Then click on the “India” link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV.