Date of Issue: 15 Feb 2018
Closing Date: 21 Feb 2018
Vacancy Announcement No. : FH India/01-2018
JOB TITLE: District Coordinator (4 Positions)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
POSITION AT: Sidhi, Singrauli, Mandla and Dindori Districts, Madhya Pradesh
TERM: Nine Months (extendable)
FH India is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and experienced people are encouraged to apply.
Family Health India, is a Section 25 not-for-profit Company registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act. The vision of FH India is to improve the quality of life of people including the most marginalized through strengthening public health leadership and management capacity in India.
ABOUT EMBED PROJECT
Malaria continues to be one of the most important public health issues in India. Malaria contributes not only to mortality and morbidity but imposes economic burden, loss of workdays, school absenteeism and impact quality of life. Madhya Pradesh is one of the high affected states with regard to Vector Born Diseases (VBD) in India. Malaria and Dengue is mostly detected in high tribal and hilly districts, which have the highest Annual Parasitic Index in the state.
FH India is implementing EMBED (Elimination of Mosquito Borne Endemic Diseases) Project focusing on prevention and control of malaria and dengue in nine high endemic districts of Madhya Pradesh State namely Mandla, Dindori, Jhabua, Alirajpur, Shivpuri, Sheopur, Sidhi, Singrauli and Balaghat. The project focuses on improving knowledge about malaria and dengue and adopting behavior change and preventive measures at the household and community level. The EMBED Project also aims to pilot and demonstrate some innovations to prevent and control malaria and dengue.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The District Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely execution of field operations, monitoring the quality of roll-out of project activities; liaison and coordination with local NGO partners and Government Partners/counterparts; and ensure timely and accurate reporting of progress of the EMBED Project to the FH India Project team in Delhi. The District Coordinator will be based at district level project office to oversee project operations; and will directly report to the Program Manager based in New Delhi.
- Will serve as the point person for the operational roll-out of the EMBED Project in the intervention district;
- Will represent FH India and the project before all key stakeholders in the intervention district including Department of VBD Control and Prevention, Department of Health, NGO partner, local media partner, local village/community groups, and others;
- Oversee all community mobilization activities, and linkages to public and private sector providers for VBD control and prevention;
- Undertake periodic and regular field visits to project villages to monitor quality of delivery of the Project;
- Regularly hold planning and review meetings with the local partners (NGO, media and others)
- Network with the government counterparts and the private sector to ensure availability of IRS, insecticide bed nets, and mosquito repellents;
- Arrange all logistics and preparations for field visits by the donor, Central team and other stakeholders;
- Collect and analyze the data from District health department, Outlets, NGO team to inform project on the areas that need emphasis. Ensure periodic data collection and analysis of findings for project purposes.
- Responsible to ensure MIS and data related capacity building of NGO staffs. The position will also be responsible to identify capacity building needs of NGO staffs. S/he will be ensuring the use of prescribed formats for data collection with quality.
- Establish systems to periodically track and monitor progress against project deliverables. Ensure regular field visits. Ensure adequate use of mobile technology for instant information to be used by project. Participation in review meetings with NGO staffs. Analysis of collected data and information to monitor the progress of NGO partners and to inform Program Manager on status.
- Responsible to map all clusters, entering the data with all relevant information. Ensures the periodic update of data through mapping at regular intervals.
- Share case studies and success stories on the operational roll-out of the Project; and support the Program Manager to prepare monthly/quarterly/semi-annual and annual reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE AND SKILL SET
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health/Social Work / Sociology / or any other related subject; with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience of field coordination, monitoring and supportive supervision of public health/development projects engaging public and private sectors.
- Past experience of working with the Government/public health system is essential. Experience of working in vector borne disease control and prevention projects is preferable.
- Experience in Public Health Programs in Madhya Pradesh/Indicated districts is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively coordinate the operational roll-out of projects in the field with NGO, private and public sector partners.
- Experience in data collection, analysis and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of the health and development issues
- Motivated, enthusiastic, analytical, innovative and creative person who has ideas on field operations and support and who can capture successes and lessons from the Project;
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously, and to meet deadlines with quality products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Hindi is a must; English is optional but preferable
- Basic computer skills and use of softwares such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power points)
Compensation levels at FH India are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications.
Please send your resumes and duly filled excel sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the position applied in the subject line. Selected candidates will be required to join within one month of selection. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Download Attachment: Worksheet in F ifm Feb 14 15293933_VA-District Coordinator-EMBED.xls