Job Category: Staff
Location: New Delhi
Job Code/ Ref: Adm./2016-2017/004
CTC: INR 15 Lakhs/annum
Travel Required: Yes
Main Contact: email@example.com
Position Type: Full time
Operation ASHA invites applications for the position of Deputy Chief Executive Officer .
Operation ASHA (OpASHA for short) delivers high quality health services with a focus on tuberculosis (TB) to over 5000 slums, villages and tribal areas with an unprecedented treatment success rate, at a cost that is nearly 40 times less than other NGOs. In terms of number of patients, OpASHA is the biggest TB control NGO in India and third biggest in the world.
OpASHA serves the poorest of the poor. “As I think of the slum that we visited, tears form ….the smell… , sewage, trash and flies…, the heat, the rancid pales of water, the public defecation, or the food being cooked next to trash covered in flies.”, observed Tonya Mann, who visited recently.
OpASHA has developed a model that reaches 1.46 Crore (14.6 million) disadvantaged people across eight states in India and seven provinces in Cambodia. Its model has also been replicated in Peru, Uganda, Kenya, Afghanistan, Tanzania and the Dominican Republic.
Apart from TB, OpASHA provides many other services and products. A list follows.
• Prevention and treatment for TB (including Drug Resistant TB)
• Detection and management of diabetes and heart problems
• Detection and treatment of hemophilia
• Distribution of Iron and Calcium tablets to pregnant women
• Distribution of Oral Rehydration Salt (ORS) to prevent deaths from diarrhoea and dehydration
• Distribution of Nutritional supplements and non-perishable food for the malnourished.
OpASHA also produces accurate and reliable data with the use of eCompliance fingerprinting technology and electronic medical record system.
Onno Ruhl, Country Director of the World Bank in India recently called OpASHA ‘Microsoft and Infosys’ of the NGO world (http://ow.ly/zPnxV). Separately, he stated, ‘OpASHA is hope for not only millions of TB patients but to all others who need services, all over the world”
Reporting: The position will report to the CEO
Deputy CEO is responsible for assisting the CEO with managing and directing the organization towards its primary objectives, based on organisation mission statement and goals, by performing the essential functions and responsibilities personally or through subordinate managers. The Deputy CEO will work closely with all other team members, Board members
Main purposes of role:
• To provide vision and leadership for the development and effective delivery of Operation ASHA’ programmes.
• To actively contribute to the formulation of strategies, strategic goals, objectives and work plans of the organisation.
• To deputize for the Chief Executive.
• With the Chief Executive, to lead on ensuring effective internal communications and policies and procedures (including human resources) are in place to meet current and future organisational objectives.
• To support fundraising and ensuring secure and diverse funding streams.
1. Communicate organization goals and operational plans to all levels of the organization and to donors.
2. Assist the CEO with strategic planning and coordination of the organization's programs, projects, and policy positions.
3. Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, technical experts and consultants.
4. Support the CEO to obtain further funding.
5. Contribute to fundraising work for the organisation particularly as it relates to policy and standards projects.
6. Contribute as part of the management team to the ongoing work of the organisation and assist in building the organisation.
7. Directs staff in various aspects of program and budget development for the organization including; establishing policies, recommending budgets, establishing control systems within each department.
8. Manage the organization in the absence of the CEO.
9. Advises the CEO on matters pertaining to department functions.
10. Supervises or Negotiates contract/agreement negotiations, assures that contracts are properly executed in accordance with laws etc.
11. Reviews, prepares and presents program reports, etc
12. Work to secure financial support for the NGO, write grants and organize fundraisers.
13. To undertake any other tasks which may be required in the furtherance of Operation ASHA’ objectives, through discussion and negotiation.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills – able to plan and organise work for self, team and cross-organisation, to expected timescales and standards;
• Effective team leadership and/or line-management experience- ability to achieve ambitious and challenging annual objectives;
• Demonstrable fundraising experience and success, including writing compelling funding proposals, managing relationships with funders and ensuring targets and reporting criteria are met;
• Experience of working in, or extensively with, the charity and not-for-profit sector;
• Experience of, and commitment to, proactively identifying and leading on opportunities for relationship-building, networking.
• Ability to establish credibility with key stakeholders and excellent relationship, networking and influencing skills;
• Excellent verbal communication skills – including ability to chair meetings effectively, public speaking and presentations;
• Excellent written communication skills – including reports (e.g., for funders and Board), and ability to contribute to Operation ASHA internal and external communications;
• Experience of financial and budget management (including setting, monitoring and reporting on team and/or project budgets);
• Excellent self-management skills – able to work independently and as part of a team;
• Excellent IT skills and ability to proactively use contact management systems and confidence to oversee the management of Operation ASHA IT systems.
Salary :INR 15 Lakh per annum. A high salary can be considered based on the experience, expertise and skill-set.
Location :New Delhi, India.
Only eligible candidates may please send their updated CV, cover letter and last salary slip to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the cover letter last salary, salary expected and availability for joining.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THESE THREE DOCUMENTS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Email id: email@example.com