Position: District Coordinator
(No of Positions - 2)
Location: Gumla and Lohardagga Districts of Jharkhand
Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3) formerly CEDPA India is a non-profit organization that improves the lives of women and girls in India. Through local partnerships and programs, C3’s proven approach to development gives women, young girls and boys the tools they need to improve their lives, as well as that of their families and communities. Our programs focus on increasing educational and livelihood opportunities for adolescent girls, ensure access to lifesaving reproductive health information and services, and strengthen their ability to become leaders in their communities and the nation.
Centre for Catalyzing Change invites applications for the position of “District Coordinator” based at Gumla and Lohardagga.
The District Coordinator shall be responsible for coordination, networking and execution of planned program activities at assigned district and blocks. The District Coordinator will report to Senior Program Officer.
• Planning, implementing and monitoring execution of planned project activities
• Coordinate and establish linkages with district and block level officials from primary government line departments – Education, Health, ICDS and others - for ensuring issuance of directives and guidelines towards smooth execution of planned project activities in timely manner
• Planning Organizing, Coordinating and Facilitating different orientation and training program and related activities for stakeholders and project staff at district and blocks
• Designing and developing training and BCC materials as per the project requirement
• Supervising and handholding support to Block Coordinators on regular basis in conducting training and implementation especially in ensuring community based project activities such as - community meetings, organization of AHD, ensuring supply and service delivery as per the project requirements
• Monitoring & review implementation of project activities at the district and block level on daily basis
• Coordinating collection and analysis of routine data on the project
• Coordinate with establish linkage with district level officials and functionaries from education, health and ICDS/Social Welfare for strengthening implementation of project, supply/availability of services and entitlement as per the provision of the project
• Contribute to project reporting requirements as needed - scheduled / dedicated reports with special data and outcomes; documentation of the processes, lessons learned and promising practices of the project
• Extensive travel to the field – blocks, villages as deemed necessary/required under the project as part of monitoring and handholding support in training of stakeholders and implementation
• Any other responsibilities as given by the higher authorities
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
• Post Graduate Degree in Social Science or any other equivalent degree from a recognized University/institute.
• At least 5-6 years of experience in program management /training and providing technical assistance in the area of reproductive health/adolescent health, gender and women leadership
• Experience of working with Government departments at district– Education, Health, Social Welfare, Water and Sanitation;
• Competence in working with ARSH, Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) platform, knowledge of National Health Mission program and a good understanding of the public health system
• Experience of working in Jharkhand with and/or in-depth understanding of government system
• Fluency in Hindi and English (both written and verbal) will be an advantage
• Person with an understanding of local language will be preferred.
• Sound ability to use computers and manage data independently
• Must be able to undertake extensive travelling to the field according to need.
• Candidate willing to locate at district will be given due preference.
Term: The initial term is for one year and it may be renewed up to three years.
Remuneration: Commensurate with candidate’s experience and profile.
Last date: March 25th, 2018
How to Apply
Interested candidates should mention the job position in the subject line and send their CV and cover letter as an attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention your current drawn CTC, provide at least two references, and expected remuneration in the resume. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
C3 aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: email@example.com