POSITION : Sr. Project Coordinator
DEPTT./LOCATION: Kolkata, W.Bengal
REPORTS TO: Team leader
LEVEL/GRADE: Sr. Project Coordinator
ACCESS Development Services is a national livelihoods promotion organization with focus on incubating innovations and sustainable models for livelihoods promotion of the poor . To this end, ACCESS is structured uniquely to work at all levels of the value chain – implementing programmes on the ground(Tier-I), working with Civil Society organizations, Government Departments, Corporate sector, and Multilateral / Bilateral agencies(Tier II) as also undertaking a few national initiatives to influence and support policy initiatives and strengthening the enabling environment(Tier III). Tier III initiatives of ACCESS are national in their orientation and seek to inform and influence policy, bring key issues and challenges for discussions on a national platform, build sectoral consensus and provide avenues of sharing experiences.
A position of M&E officer is required for W. Bengal seeing the increased portfolio over the current year. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Team Lead in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. Coordinator responsibility is to support the unit head for running a programme vertical.
At the state level the expectations from the coordinator include the following:
1. Programme Management:
a) Data management and analysis
• Collection of raw data from project areas & analysing it into meaningful information through statistical analysis
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Manage and maintain computerized records of enrolled community members, services provided etc.
• Provide accurate and timely information as required for decision making at the project level
• Assist project team on methods of accessing information and to provide in-house training for staff in the use of MIS system
• Preparation of various project reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
• Assisting the project team in preparing various innovative implementation strategies for effective and smoother implementation.
• Review and analyse weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
• Tracking the performance by comparing actual against planned, identifying gaps & disseminating the information to project team.
b) Monitoring and Evaluation
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
• Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project output.
• Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
• Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
• Provide feedback to the Team Lead on project strategies and activities.
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
• Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project.
2. Programme Development:
• Support the team leader/state head in identifying key opportunities for programme development.
• Effective networking and stakeholder engagement effective at the project level
• Development of new project proposals as and when required
3. Institutional representation and networking:
• Effectively communicate organization mission and mandate among key stakeholders at the project level like block level, district level officials.
• Ensure participation in local forums, meetings and programs relating to the project.
PERSON SPECIFICATION :
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
1) Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis.
2) Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
3) Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
4) Strong interpersonal skills
5) In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues.
EDUCATION & work experience:-
• PG/MBA/MSW in a relevant field.
• At least 4 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs / Government.
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
• Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
Compensation: Salary range in this position is commensurate to industry standards and will be determined based upon the experiences and fixed as per the HR policies of the organization.
ACCESS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified women to apply for job opening.
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: email@example.com
Access Development Services is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) working the field of Art & Culture, Dalit Welfare, Environment and natural resource management, Food and Agriculture, Labour & Employment, Micro Finance (SHGs), Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Minority Issues, New & Renewable Energy, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Tribal Welfare, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Vocational Training, Water and Sanitation, Womens Development & Empowerment, Youth Affairs, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The NGO was established in 2006?. The registration number of the organization is: U74999DL2006NPL146962?(01-03-2006)?. The organization is operational in Delhi, India.