Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of national importance, working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions. AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural development by strengthening their resource base and capabilities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office at New Delhi proposes to engage Agriculture/Civil Engineer on contractual basis for the Water and Greening Project of Mondelez India Foods private Limited at Baddi. The project is an effort towards the Sustainable Development of 5 villages at Baddi through integrated approach for Environmental Management by undertaking pilot activities for Water Conservation and Greenery development/tree plantation. Community participation in this process has been seen as an important driver to speed up the process and replicate it at larger scale in collaboration with the local Government, with the following goals and objectives:
Project Goal/Overall Objective:
• Increasing rural household access to safer & sustainable drinking water sources through creation of new surface & ground water sources.
• Creating models for rain water harvesting and artificial recharge in the villages for improved water availability for agriculture.
• Sanitation and hygiene
• Environmental protection through plantation of trees and greenery development
• Education and counseling with the community for addressing the local issues.experience in Water, Watershed related projects, and Sanitation and hygiene projects, agriculture and allied sector and experience of working with National NGOs will be preferred.
Consolidated consultancy fee will be given with the consideration to qualification and experience.
The above position is based at Baddi, District Solan (Himachal Pradesh). Candidates from the Region will be preferred.
• The applicant must be mature, good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated.
• Ability to meet deadlines and good in reporting
• Good communication and presentation skills both in English and in local language are mandatory.
• Computer literate.
The above position is on contractual basis for a period of one year and may be renewed based on the individual performance and organisational requirements for the period coterminous with the project.