Location: From respective Districts of Karnataka
Type / Classification: Consultant / Consultancy
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
CfBTES seeks a District Coordinator for a skill development survey in Karnataka. The District Coordinator primarily will be responsible for all activities related to the Skill Demand Survey at the respective District. The job involves recruitment, coordination, data Collection and validation, quality checking, monitoring & support, logistics management and timely completion and reporting of the assigned tasks. District Coordinator will support the core team by providing district level information - survey design, data collection tools, check whether FGDs meet the objective of the Skill Demand Survey.
S/he needs to be have work readiness skills, soft skills, people management, planning, liaison and crisis management.
S/he will support in providing info, facilitate process and tools to enhance quality and performance to achieve Quality data Collection by covering right stakeholders – gender, age group, population, industries, etc. S/he should have extensive experience providing direct services to young people, ideally including employability and/or employment outcomes.
Using her/his assessment and subject matter skills, perform survey design tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
• Plan effectively and come up with innovative solutions (proven models and approaches) for the successful administration of the project in assigned district of Karnataka
• Assist the CORE Team in activities related to Skill Demand Survey like Household data collections, in-depth interviews, Focus Group Discussions, etc
• Coordinate and Lead the team of enumerators for effective implementation of Skill Demand Survey activities
• Ensure all the tasks required for testing in stipulated time in a standardized manner in all selected villages in the districts. o Ensure recruitment of quality enumerators / data collectors in each district. o Liaison with the District officials, Institutions head, industry representatives, Village heads.
o Ensure the Data collection activities are carried out smoothly in the districts – Enumerators training, Data Collected Verification,
o Handle the logistics issue during the Skill Demand Survey implementation in the district.
o Ensure systematic reporting of daily Skill Demand Survey activities in the allotted district.
o Lead Enumerators reviews / meetings, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and other activities
o Logistic support to organize trainings for Data Enumerators.
• She/He will take decisions after obtaining prior approval of the Core Team
• Other duties as assigned
• Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the CfBTES technical practices.
• This position does not authorize/require the cordinator to directly communicate with CfBTES clients.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Very good organization and communication skills;
• People management with supervising experience
• Prior experience in similar surveys required
• Very good command in local Kannada Dialect.
• Experience with government agencies, international donors and high-quality report writing.
• Previous experience in survey and/or other Skill related areas desirable.
• Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred.
• Expertise in designing large scale surveys of development projects, preferably related to rural and urban development of youth and skill related;
• Strong understanding on data collection tool development, data analysis, methods (quantitative and qualitative), Key Informant Interviews, and writing success stories and/or case studies;
• Experience of writing and producing reports and presentations to stakeholders;
• Knowledge of Skill Development monitoring and evaluation policies and reporting requirements;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Kannada and English
How to apply :
Email. ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Jobs posted by: CfBTES
Quess Corp Limited 2022-09-03