Founded in 1920, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), is both a non-profit institute with five scientific departments and several offices worldwide, and a federation of close to 3,000 organisations and individuals who are committed to the same goals. Its scientific departments focus on tuberculosis, HIV, lung health and non-communicable diseases, tobacco control and research; and each engages in research, provides technical assistance and offers training and other capacity-building activities leading to health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Mission: To promote national autonomy within the framework of the priorities of each country by developing, implementing and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes as well as other public health issues.
The Union’s Vision: Health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Values:
(1) Quality: The Union delivers services and products to the highest possible standards.
(2) Accountability: The Union is responsible steward of resources and delivers on its commitments.
(3) Independence: The Union maintains the freedom to pursue innovation and is guided by the best evidence to improve the health of the poor.
(4) Solidarity: The Union stands together with its members and partners, as one, to overcome the greatest challenges to improve health among the communities it serves.
For more information about The Union’s work in South East Asia, please visit http://www.theunion.org/where-we-work/south-east-asia
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the USAID supported Challenge TB Project, the Technical Consultant – Pharmacovigilance (PMDT) will be based at Central TB Division (CTD), Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi. The post holder will report to DDG TB, Central TB Division and ADDG TB (MDR TB), Central TB Division. The Union focal point will be the Senior Technical Advisor, Challenge TB and the Deputy Regional Director, TB and Communicable Diseases, at The Union South-East Asia (USEA) office.
The post holder will be placed in the Programmatic Management of Drug-resistant TB (PMDT) unit at Central TB Division, which will assist in scaling up and strengthening of PMDT services as per the National Strategic Plan. This support will be through the USAID supported Challenge TB Project. The PMDT unit will assist CTD in the day- to-day activities under PMDT.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Provide technical support to CTD on various aspects of Pharmaco vigilance pertaining to anti-TB treatment;
(2) Support CTD and states in establishing Pharmaco vigilance mechanism for anti TB drugs used under the programme;
(3) Support CTD and states in roll out of new drugs and regimens while ensuring that the Pharmaco vigilance requirements are met;
(4) Facilitate close coordination with all partners for optimal scale-up of Newer anti TB drugs roll out and Pharmaco vigilance related activities under RNTCP;
(5) Provide technical support to Central TB Division for the supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of Pharmaco vigilance related activities;
(6) Coordinate the development of high quality training material on new anti TB drugs and Pharmaco vigilance for all levels of programme and health staff and assist in integration of training material into routine RNTCP training activities, and revise training materials as needed to reflect current national policies;
(7) Support Central TB Division in the internal evaluation of RNTCP at State and District levels, with attention to newer anti TB drugs and Pharmaco vigilance activities;
(8) Ensure timely submission of performance report by sites implementing the roll-out of new drugs, assist in compiling the data from the project sites piloting/evaluating new drugs and regimens;
(9) Facilitate the demonstration/pilot sites in holding meetings of Causality Assessment Committees, track the submission of reports/ minutes by the committees and compiling the same, assist in providing feedback from CTD on the safety profile of new drugs;
(10) Ensure availability of facilities for Pre Treatment Evaluation and clinical follow-up of patients put on new drugs;
(11) Oversee data entry of details of patients put on new drugs into the TB ICT application (NIKSHAY);
(12) Perform the services with the highest standards of professional and ethical competence and integrity and work in collaboration with technical officers of other thematic areas of the programme on cross-cutting issues;
(13) Not disclose any proprietary or confidential information relating to the services, this contract or the RNTCP without the prior written consent of the RNTCP;
(14) Provide a monthly report, quarterly report and an end-of-assignment report in the activities, achievements, challenges and recommendation;
(15) Perform other duties as required in the interests of the programme;
(16) Perform other duties as required in the interests of the programme and as directed by CTD and USEA.
Applicants must have an MBBS or equivalent degree from institution recognized by Medical council of India, preferably with Diploma / MD in Public Health /Community Health Administration (CHA)/ Tuberculosis & Chest diseases; Non MBBS candidates, with a PhD in Pharmacology shall also be considered.
Candidates must possess a minimum of five years of post- qualification experience, preferably in tuberculosis.
Competencies and Skills:
Strong oral and written communication, analytical, consultation and interpersonal skills;
Excellent organisational skills and ability to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
LOCATION: Central TB Division (CTD), Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
The issued contract will be till September, 2017 with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation by or before February 20, 2017.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.