|Industry Type : Accounts ,HR ,Management ,Finance Jobs,NGOs Jobs
||No. of Openings : 1
|Job Role : Medical Consultant
||Total Experience : 3 years
|Job Location : Andhra Pradesh,Assam,Bihar,Haryana,Karnataka,Kerala,Madhya Pradesh,Maharashtra,Manipur,Orissa,Punjab,Rajasthan,Tamil Nadu,Uttar Pradesh,Uttarakhand,West Bengal
||Salary : NA
Designation: Medical Consultant- WHO-RNTCP Technical Support Network (WHO-RNTCP TSN)
Location: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, North East, Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Haryana / Punjab
How to apply:
Candidates interested in the position are requested to email their updated CV on firstname.lastname@example.org along with name of the position clearly mentioned in the subject line.
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e- Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with WHO (a specialized agency of the United Nations for health), multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
About the project: WHO Technical Support Network for Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (WHO-RNTCP TSN) The WHO Country Office for India has entrusted IPE Global to recruit Medical Consultants for the project WHO-RNTCP TSN. The World Health Organization’s mandate revolves around six core functions:
- Providing leadership on global health matters;
- Shaping the health research agenda;
- Setting norms and standards;
- Articulating evidence-based policy options;
- Providing technical support to countries; and
- Monitoring and assessing health trends.
The WHO Country Office in India (WCO-India) provides wide-ranging policy inputs and technical assistance to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), in the area of health and health systems, to support a range of health initiatives that include National Rural Health Mission, Universal Coverage, Polio Surveillance, TB Control, HIV/AIDS, Roll Back Malaria, Tobacco Free Initiative, Health Financing, Trade Agreements and Health, Non-communicable Diseases, Environment and Health etc.
- Job Purpose: To provide technical support to Union and State Governments for the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programm (RNTCP). WHO-RNTCP TSN will be contracted through IPE Global Limited and will work under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to India (WR-I) under direct supervision of NPO (TB)-WHO-India. S/he will be following the framework of national policies and WHO technical guidelines. The key responsibilities of the position are but not limited to:
- Provide technical support to RNTCP for planning, training, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation
- Support the State and district authorities in establishing good practices in all activities under RNTCP, including quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation
- Provide technical support in timely and complete electronic reporting of activities and information, using the standardized recording and reporting system;
- Support RNTCP in validating reported data by promoting triangulation of records and reports, and facilitating internal evaluations of districts by the State and the Central TB Division;
- Conduct technical visits to RNTCP facilities at district, sub-district and institution level to develop capacity of programme staff to assess and improve the quality of service delivery and also to document good practices.
- Facilitate coordination among government and non-government sectors including involvement of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private health care sectors including private diagnostic facilities, medical colleges and health facilities under other health sectors;
- Liaise with State and District level authorities and Chairpersons of the Health Societies with a view to enhance political and administrative commitment for TB control.
- Provide technical support in scaling up of all components of the WHO End TB Strategy, including TB/HIV collaborative activities, laboratory strengthening , management of MDR-TB and other areas for achieving ‘Universal access to TB Care’
- Conduct/facilitate operational research in order to provide evidence base for policy development for further improvement of TB control programme.
- Facilitate necessary data collection from field for operational researches conducted by WHO/CTD.
- Facilitate uninterrupted drug supply at all levels by building capacity for drug logistic management at State and district levels.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have MBBS degree from recognized University. Postgraduate degree or diploma in public health is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public health programmes/projects is desirable.
Also please note that interested candidates have to apply at email@example.com.
Kindly post the position for 1 month i.e till 1st Dec 2017.