The responsibilities include:
As a counselor, you'll need to:
- Establish a relationship of trust and respect with people
- Encourage people with difficulties to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with others
- Actively listen to women concerns and empathize with their
- Accept without bias the issues raised by women.
- Help women towards a deeper understanding of their concerns
- Challenge any inconsistencies in what women say or do
- Help their families to make decisions and choices regarding possible ways forward
- Supervision of women training courses in the area.
- Liaise, as necessary, with other family members and individuals to help make changes based on the issues raised by women.
- Keep records and use reporting monthly.
- Co-ordinate with the NGO secretary to enhance the Family counseling center.
Starting salaries for counselors may be Rs.15,000/-
Kindly send in your application with a latest resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrated Women Development Institute is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working in Tamil Nadu, India. The registration number of the organization is: 52/1989?(15-02-1989)?. Established in the year 1989?, Integrated Women Development Institute works in the area of Aged and elderly, Art & Culture, Children, Civic Issues, Dalit Welfare, Disability, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management, Food and Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Housing and shelter, Human Rights, Information & Communication Technology (ICT) , Labour & Employment, Land Resources, Legal Awareness & Aid, Micro Finance (SHGs), Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Minority Issues, New & Renewable Energy, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development.