Name Designation/ Rank - Sr. Co-worker / Co- worker (Education)
Function Integrated Child Care
Reporting to - Village Director
He/she supports SOS Mothers in their responsibilities of leading families. He/she contributes to overall development of children as a resourceful and dependable coworker.
Areas of Responsibility
1. To Support the SOS Mother in the development of children
- Support services to SOS Mothers in health care of
- Support services to SOS Mothers in behavioral formation of children
- Support services to SOS Mothers in career planning from adolescent age
- Support services to SOS Mothers in organizing expert resources as and when needed for children
- Support services to SOS Mothers on arrival of new children
- Individual counseling to children and purposeful interactions on regular basis
- Support Mother in organizing uniforms, books, stationery for children for education
- Lead Child Development Planning with child and mother and follow up
- Ensure timely and quality reports in children’s files
2. To support the SOS Mother in development of her family
- Support services to SOS Mothers in managing her home
- Support services to SOS Mothers in family development
- Support services to mothers in proper utilization of family accounts.
- Regular visits to SOS Families
- Promote SOS Family interactions with immediate neighborhood
- Support in creating environment supporting education in families
3. To support the Children’s Village community
Organize leisure and developmental activities for children on individual, group and community basis.
Organize community activities like evening prayer and festivals Contribute to ensuring safety and security of every one in the community
4. Helping in bringing children home
- Support the child admission process by collecting information about the child’s background and present situation by Home studies.
- Support to the Village Director in liaison with CWC on admission and reporting on children.
- Promote children and SOS Mothers in fostering relationships with biological roots, to the extent that it is in best interest of the child.
Support in settling of young people and continuing relationships
- Support in locating employment and liaison with employers
- Support mother and village director in arranging marriages
- Support continuing relations of the youth.
5. Supporting Village Director in organizing external resources
Taking care of visitors and sponsors as necessary
- Supporting the Village Community in building good image of our work.
- Assisting Village Director in statutory and licensing matter.
6. Other Responsibilities
As assigned by Village Director
Key Performance Indicators
- Academic performance of children
- Quality of settlement of youth
- Optimum utilization of family budgets
- Number and quality of activities for children
- % of children for whom Child Development Plan is made and followed up.
- Quality of maintenance of progress files
- Number of disciplinary & child abuse issues arising
Within SOS India:
- Head ICC
- Head Programs
- Head HR
- Zonal Director
- Respective Village Director
Outside SOS India:
- INGOs and NGOs
Posted in Children’s Village as a residential coworker. Travel as and when required.
Master's degree in a field with relevance to the position such as behavioral science, psychology, social work, sociology, organization development, training or business administration.
4-6 years of experience in the relevant field.
Excellent communication skills (English and Hindi). Proficiency in 1-2 regional languages will be an advantage. Must have significant and proven human, writing, presentation and people management skills.
- Execution orientation
- Operational excellence
- Passion to serve
- Relationship building
- Change orientation
E-mail - email@example.com