Position: District Coordinators
Location: Bilaspur and Surguja Districts of Chhattisgarh
Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3) formerly CEDPA India, is a nongovernmental organization that works to improve the lives of women and girls in India. Through local partnerships and programs, C3’s proven approach to development gives women, young girls and boys the tools they need to improve their lives, as well as that of their families and communities. Our programs focus on increasing educational and livelihood opportunities for adolescent girls, ensuring access to lifesaving reproductive health information and services, and strengthening people’s ability to become leaders in their communities and the nation.
C3 seeks qualified professionals for the position of District Coordinators. District Coordinators shall be responsible for implementation of field level activities of a project on adolescent reproductive health issues and youth leadership, and provide operational assistance and support, particularly engage and mobilize community, especially girls and boys and work with community leaders, community health workers, facility level workers, existing Village Health Nutrition and Sanitation Committees and to provide supportive supervision to Field Coordinators
District Coordinators will report to the respective Program Officer.
- Planning, implementing and monitoring execution of planned project activities
- Coordinate and establish linkages with district and block level officials from primary government line departments – Health, ICDS, SSA and others - for ensuring services as per the project requirements
- Planning Organizing, Coordinating and Facilitating different orientation and training program and related activities for stakeholders and project staff at district and blocks
- Designing and developing training and BCC materials as per the project requirement
- Supervising and handholding support to Field Coordinators on regular basis in conducting training and implementation especially in ensuring community based project activities such as - community meetings, organization of AHD, ensuring supply and service delivery as per the project requirements
- Monitoring & review implementation of project activities at the district and block level on daily basis
- Coordinating collection and analysis of routine data on the project
- Coordinate with establish linkage with district hospital, CHCs; PHC, MoICs, CDPOs, Lady Supervisors, school teachers, ANMs, ASHAs/Mitanins, AWWs, PRI members, BEEOs for strengthening supply/availability of services and entitlement as per the provision of the project
- Contribute to project reporting requirements as needed - scheduled / dedicated reports with special data and outcomes; documentation of the processes, lessons learned and promising practices of the project
- Extensive travel to the field – blocks, villages as deemed necessary/required under the project as part of monitoring and handholding support in training of stakeholders and implementation
- Documentation and reporting
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Post Graduate Degree in Social work/Sociology/Rural Development/Social Science or any other equivalent degree from a recognized University/institute.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in program management /training and providing technical assistance in the area of reproductive health/adolescent health, gender and women leadership
- Be experienced in training and capacity building of different level of functionaries
- Familiarity with local language and culture of rural Chhattisgarh
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with attention to details
- Experience of supporting District/Block level implementation and problem solving
- Competence in working with ARSH, Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) platform, knowledge of National Health Mission program and a good understanding of the public health system
- Experience of working in Chhattisgarh with and/or in-depth understanding of government system
- Fluency in Hindi and English (both written and verbal) will be an advantage
- Person with an understanding of local language will be preferred.
- Sound ability to use computers and manage data independently
- Must be able to undertake extensive travelling to the field according to need
Remuneration: Depending on qualification and experience
Last date: February 08, 2018
Please send your latest CV at email@example.com
Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. The application must contain information about current salary & benefits drawn (CTC).
Only Short-listed candidates will be intimated.
C3 is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org