SENSE INTERNATIONAL INDIA
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Reports to: Manager – Campaigns
Location: Ahmedabad, although the job will involve a certain amount of travel across the country.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be at par with the NGO sector. Other benefits as per existing policies will be applicable after completion of probationary period.
Nature: This post is contractual in nature, i.e. renewable contract of two years (inclusive of 6 months probationary period).
Hours: 44 Hours per week (including lunch break)
General Description of Sense India and the Post
Sense International India also known as Sense India, is a National level NGO working with NGO partners in 22 States; having a strong programme with the Government; currently provides services and education to around 75,000 deafblind children and adults.
There is broad scope for this post within Sense India. In line with Sense India's strategic plans and policy guidelines the post-holder will work under the leadership of the Manager- Campaigns in implementing and monitoring agreed objectives/ issues.
It is anticipated that the nature of the post will change as the work develops. The post-holder will have an opportunity to increase their skills and develop the job. This is very much a developmental job and the areas of responsibility will increase over a period of time.
Sense India has a small, quickly growing, Public Engagement (communications and fundraising) team. The post holder will be an important member of this team, but will work especially closely with our staff (and consultants) who specialise in ‘communications’ in both off-line and electronic formats.
The emphasis in all areas of our work is through a team approach; and that includes working with our staff in the Programme division.
Purpose of the post
Within Sense India’s primary aim to support the development of services for deafblind people in India, the purpose of this post is to:
- To support in implementing and managing campaigns both on ground events & digital which helps to fulfill Sense India’s strategic and fundraising objectives.
- To work closely with the Public Engagement team and support in building and achieving the fundraising targets of Sense India.
2. Key accountabilities/tasks
A. Events & Communication
- To work along with the Manger Campaigns to create an event calendar for various fundraising and awareness based events (to begin with by concentrating on the ‘marathons’ in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore) which caters to specific target audience – Individuals, High Net worth Individuals (HNIs), Corporations, General public, Students, International contacts, Foreign embassies etc.
- Managing the overall logistics of the planned events with close coordination with the communications team.
- To identify and implement school fundraising programme to promote awareness and fundraise for Sense India with close support from the PE and training team.
- To identifying external event managers or management agencies, corporations, celebrities who Sense India can be associated with and build those relationships.
- Research various markets to identify fundraising and awareness opportunities for events where Sense India can be become part of; or we can lend our brand and get sufficiently benefitted through fundraising and publicity.
- Support the Campaign Manager in submitting timely reports and fund utilization to the head of PE, donors, sponsors, event organisers etc.
- Set up meetings with potential and existing donors and supporters to maintain positive and long term relation with Sense India.
- To promote and run digital campaigns across the digital space to ensure Sense India engages the public, raises funds and builds brand visibility.
- Be aware of and sensitive to the impact of gender, race, disability and prejudice on attitudes, professional relationships and professional judgment, and be willing to intervene and challenge where necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure respect for, observance of and adherence to Sense International India’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute to the development of the role as the organisation develops
- Undertake tasks within the post-holder’s skills and abilities as may be requested from time-to-time
- To attend external meetings, representing Sense International (India) where appropriate.
- Willingness to attend meetings and be involved in other activities at irregular hours as required
- Knowledge of or empathy with the work for people with disabilities/ deafblindness
3. Person Specification
- Graduation and above in any discipline. For example, MBA marketing/customer relations
- At least three years of related experience with at least two years’ experience of running digital campaigns.
- An understanding of managing events and engaging with companies, individuals and general public.
- A highly motivated individual who is able to work well on their own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills – able to interact with wide variety of personnel to achieve positive outcomes and establish sustainable relationships & partnerships
- IT self-sufficient - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages etc
- Work closely with the relevant staff across Sense India and to ensure effective co-operation and collaboration
- Experience/familiarity with Databases
- Ability to plan and prioritize own workload and work without close supervision.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense International (India) is the only national organisation established in 1997 (Regn # E-11279) to ensure that all deafblind and multi-sensory impaired (MSI) children and adults have access to education, advice and support that will enable them to exercise their right to be full and active members of society.
Deafblindness is a very complex and isolating disability which makes deafblind and MSI people the most marginalized and poorest people. There are an estimated 500,000 deafblind people in India; the majority receives no support at all despite the increasing number of deafblind services in the country. Sense International (India) being the leading organisation in developing programmes for deafblind and MSI people, enables and empowers local partners in providing direct services to the target population, as the result of our efforts, there are now 57 deafblind programmes in 23 states of India. Almost 70 % of deafblind population comes from rural areas generally from economic weaker sections of the society with the income of less than Rs. 20,000 per annum. Most of the parents of such children are not able to afford education/ specialised services.