1. POSITION VACANT: General Manager (IEC), National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The National Health Mission (NHM) was launched with a view to bringing about dramatic improvements to the health system and health status of people, especially those who live in the rural areas of the country. The Mission seeks to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, redu
ction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance. In this process, the Mission helps achieve goals set under the National Health Policy and the Millennium Development Goals.
For more information about the organization, please visit www.upnrhm.gov.in
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The General Manager (IEC) shall report to Mission Director, NHM and shall be responsible for developing and implementing IEC/BCC strategies and activities in Uttar Pradesh.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Develop IEC/BCC strategy, guideline and tools for effective implementation of IEC/BCC activities in Uttar Pradesh;
(2) Outcome based IEC/BCC planning for Uttar Pradesh on all health-related issues i.e. RMNCH+A, TB, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, National Programmes, Life style disease, mental health etc.;
(3) Coordination with different ministries, government departments and development partners for mainstreaming and integration of health issues;
(4) Implementing strategies for all IEC/BCC initiatives at all levels (State, District, Block and Community levels) to ensure positive behaviour changes among target audiences;
(5) Development of regular Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism to ensure effective planning and implementation of IEC/BCC program;
(6) Develop training curriculum and tools on IPC/BCC/SBC communication for capacity building program of District/ Block Level IEC/ BCC Nodal Officers;
(7) Review and develop IEC/BCC materials on RMNCH+A and develop a repository of the same;
(8) Support Media agency to prepare research design, tools and data analysis for impact assessment and documentation of different NHM Initiatives;
(9) Provide hand holding support to IEC/BCC Nodal Officers and conduct supportive supervision visits for effective implementation of IEC/BCC activities in the districts;
(10) Evidence based media planning to ensure maximum reach and penetration among target audiences;
(11) Prepare telecast/broadcast plan for all Mass Media activities and support Doordarshan/ other Mass Media channels in developing quality media content on RMNCH+A and Other health issues.
(12) Coordinate with relevant Print, Electronic and Digital Media for effective communication pertaining to NHM programs
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicant must have Masterís Degree in Social Science/ Mass Communication or Journalism. Applicants with MBA degree will be given preference
(1) Applicants must have minimum ten years of experience in the field of IEC/BCC in Government and/or development sector.
(2) Applicant must have direct or indirect experience of working with Government/PSUs for three years
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
(2) Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork skills and ability to foresee issues and initiate appropriate action;
(3) Must be flexible and able to work in a challenging environment;
(4) Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork and advance knowledge in computer skills.
5. AGE LIMIT: Maximum age limit 50 years.
6. VACANCY DETAILS: 1 vacancy (UR: 1)
7. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Maximum Honoraria (per Month): Rs. 1,25,000
8. CONTRACT TYPE AND PERIOD:
The position is on offer on a contractual basis, initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance.
9. RESERVATION POLICY: State reservation policy will be applicable with respect to all vacancies.
(Note: All applicants from other states, irrespective of their category, shall be categorized under unreserved category and will not get privileges of state reservation policy whatsoever)
10. LOCATION: SPMU-Lucknow
11. REFERENCE: GM-IEC
12. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
13. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online from this link http://sams.co.in/findapp/UPNHMform.php by or before 11:59:00 PM on March 11, 2018.