Development professional (Education / Teacher Training)
Organization - Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra (SSK), Lucknow
Project / Job Location: Gorakhpur
Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra established in 1990 as support organisation works for the empowerment of socially and economically backward communities by promoting their participation for good governance, through capacity building of CSO’s, CBO’s and institutions of local self government. The strategy of SSK is to work with CSO’s, CBO’s a
nd other change making groups through training, experimentation, creating new knowledge through research/ documentation and public advocacy for policy change.
Number of post – 02
Location- Respective tehsils in district Gorakhpur
Salary- Around 25 Thousand
Reporting to- Project Coordinator/ Program Manager
About the Project:
The goal of the project is to improve the quality of education in Government schools of Gorakhpur. This will be achieved by enhancing the skills of 500 teachers and the end beneficiaries will be more than 20, 000 children studying in Primary and Upper Primary classes.
About the Profile:
The development professional will be based at Gorakhpur district. They will provide operational leadership in the execution of the Project. They will work closely with the Project Coordinator/ Head and will be responsible in achieving the project goal.
• Successfully implement the project at field level. Collect existing data, teaching modules and materials from various Government departments and sources also do need assessment of teachers.
• Do liasoning with different stakeholders who are important for the project. Organise meetings and engage them as resource persons, master trainers, DRG & BRG members etc.
• Visit offices of DIET, BSA, schools, BDO, district level education officials etc on regular basis and connect them with the project wherever they are needed.
• Assist and coordinate resource persons during module development and training of teachers.
• Ensure that the quality of teachers training is maintained and the benefit is reached to the children. Therefore, visits to schools will be a regular process.
• Do data analysis of need assessment and maintain proper documentation and reporting.
• Responsible for developing periodic/ monthly action plans, prioritize activities and monitoring processes.
• By the end of the project, more than 20, 000 children must be impacted. Collect evidences like improved attendance, retention rate, and performance during classroom and exams. Drop out rate must be decreased.
Qualification & Experience:
• Must possess Masters in Social work.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience of working on development issues. Preference will be given to those worked on education and teachers training related projects.
Skills and competencies:
• Highly motivated and target oriented
• Excellent speaking, writing and IT skills
• Good networking, convincing and liasoning skills
• Comfortable in making regular field visits
• 2 wheeler will be an added advantage
• Possess good analytical, reasoning and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills to work with multi stakeholders
• Proficient enough to meet the goal and objectives. Capture good case studies and documentary evidences against the impact created by the intervention.
Candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for Development professionals - Education/ teacher training” in the subject of your e mail.
The last date for receiving applications will be 10th April 2018. Only short listed candidates would be contacted. Please visit www.sahbhagi.org for more details about SSK.
Job Email id: email@example.com
Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working in Uttar Pradesh, India. The registration number of the organization is: S/21024?(29-05-1990)?. Established in the year 1990?, Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra works in the area of Advocacy and Research, Dalit Welfare, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Micro Finance (SHGs), Minority Issues, Panchayati Raj, Right to Information & Advocacy, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Vocational Training, Womens Development & Empowerment, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development.