Vacancy Notice: Officer - Finance
Position Code : PHFI-OFCR-100
Position Title : Officer - Finance
Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Duration of Position : One year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
In December 2008, the Wellcome Trust awarded a strategic award to PHFI and a consortium of 10 UK Institutions, which was a 5-year collaborative programme, titled ?Enabling Public Health Foundation of India?s network of Indian Institutes of Public Health? for the purpose of supporting PHFI?s Future Faculty Program; fostering research capabilities; and enabling training of existing public health staff in the country. The WT Grant forms an important contribution to the achievement of PHFI?s aspiration to set up IIPHs across the country to support teaching, training and research needs.
The goals of this strategic award were to:
* Help create public health training resource through a pool of trained faculty at multiple levels and develop India relevant learning resources.
* Foster a quality research environment in India through funding seed projects and creating North - South linkages with research institutes of repute.
* Assist India to strengthen its public health capacity.
An extension grant was awarded in 2013 to build on this award by strengthening the research competency of returning and recently recruited PhDs and helping them become fully-fledged, independent researchers. The extension phase aims to leverage the skills and resources of the PHFI-UK consortium and strengthen inter-and intra-country research, education and practice links. The major activities within the scope of the extension phase are, Research Career Training Programme designed for early career faculty and researchers at PHFI and Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPHs), Career Development Fellowships for faculty/research staff at PHFI/IIPHs to acquire skills and competencies for building a research career and creating an enabling research environment at PHFI and its institutes.
* Process accounts and claims of Sub-grantees/project consortium partners.
* Work closely with Grants Controller on monthly closure of accounts, financial reports for submission to Management, Granting Agencies.
* Preparation of Project Fixed Assets Register including calculation of WDV and depreciation.
* Liaison with project related employees, vendors, external agencies like statutory auditors, internal auditors, funding agencies for details, submissions and reconciliations.
* Accounts reconciliations on advances, vendors, funding agencies.
* Travel on need based basis to project sites for periodic monitoring.
* Report administratively Project Director/Project In-charge for project related matters
* Work closely with project team for project related financial/commercial matters
* Assist on statutory compliance & related yearly Returns and work on service tax compliance and service tax Return work-project related
* Liaison with Admin, HR, IT or Inventory management or any other as may be required.
* Monthly assigned project SoE and monthly MIS for Grant reporting
* Report functionally to Grants Controller.
* Any other task given by seniors and PI.
* Master Degree/MBA/ in finance/ CA Inter or any relevant qualification
* Professional qualification in Finance will be an advantage
* Proficiency in relevant computer applications particularly Excel, word, power point etc;
* Previous accounting experience in ERP environment will be an added advantage.
* Around 4 years of relevant work experience preferred.
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please visit to PHFI Recruitment site- http://22.214.171.124:443/ (Recruitment Information Management System) update your profile and apply against the position.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 18 April 2018
* Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
* Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
* Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
* PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
* The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
* No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
"PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process".
Women are encouraged to apply