POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL, INDIA
TITLE: Manager-Programs (Pharmacist Engagement)
REPORTS TO: General Manager - Programs
SUPERVISES: Pharmacist Detailing Team
GRADE LEVEL: VI
CATEGORY: Program Operations
Population Services International, India is a registered Indian Society dedicated to the improvement of public health in India. As a mission, PSI makes it easier for people in the developing worl
d to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services. PSIís core values are Measurement, Honesty, Pragmatism, Collaboration, Trust and Commitment Over the past twenty- seven years, PSI has collaborated with the Government of India and a number of donors to increase the use of modern contraception for family planning, to provide products and services for the health of mothers and children and to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and TB. PSI harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address health problems of the low-income and vulnerable populations using social marketing to achieve positive behaviour change by promoting ideas, products and services conducive to better health. Through its social enterprise arm, PSI promotes and distributes multiple health products, using commercial channels and outlets to make available quality health products at affordable prices. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.in.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Unlike general contraceptive prevalence, which is often influenced by the individual characteristics of couples, post-pregnancy contraception appears to be strongly influenced by the provider. With support from the Gates Foundation, through IPAS Development Foundation, this investment is to accelerate the contraceptive uptake through scalable and effective solutions for post pregnancy contraception; and increase uptake and one-year continuation of post pregnancy contraceptive method of choice among women / girls in selected areas of Uttar Pradesh.
The project will address barriers to post-pregnancy contraceptive use, particularly which improves the information, access, services and quality of interactions, at the key contact points of pharmacists, health care providers and health facilities. This will ensure provision of comprehensive contraceptive services to women / girls. The project bears in mind that pathways and interventions for adolescent girls may differ from those for women.
A. POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for the leadership, coordination and successful implementation of program in the assigned territory/Location. Lead a 7 member pharmacist engagement team, ensure tracking the offtake of bundled solutions on a regular basis and prioritize outlets where offtake is not commensurate with the potential of the outlet.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage a team of talented and diverse professionals. Lead the recruitment, orientation and support staff to undertake all aspects of the project within the state.
* Facilitate strategic support to Pharmacist Detailing Team on a regular basis to ensure offtake of bundled solutions by the potential outlet.
* Support Project Lead of PSI in designing strategies and intervention plans in assigned project geographies.
* Ensure tracking the offtake of bundled solutions on a regular basis and prioritize outlets where offtake is not commensurate with the potential of the outlet.
* Responsible for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in the assigned territory to achieve project deliverables.
* Work with the local team and program partners to implement the IEC/BCC messages and print materials are accepted and utilized as per the requirement to achieve project deliverables.
* Design training and communication plan of the pharmacies and ensure their participation in the training organized by PSI.
* Interacting with pharmacists and assist in providing training for their involvement in the program.
* Ensure monthly review meeting of the Pharmacist Detailing team on Plan Vs Achievement on a regular basis to keep a track on their performance.
* Review and analyze data regularly and provide feedback to the senior management for program efficiency.
* Any other tasks assigned by supervisor and organization to be accomplished as and when required.
C. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Post-Graduate degree with 5-8 years of experience in health care programs/projects.
* Ability to think innovatively about program Implementation.
* Excellent communication skills in English and local language.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both as a team member and independently.
* Knowledge and understanding of regional social practices and behavior.
* Ability to liaison with stakeholders.
* Desire to contribute to improved public health and an understanding of public health issues in India particularly in the respective location.
* Strong leadership and managerial skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of research and technical medical services.
* Strong report writing & presentation skills.
* Planning & Organizational Skills.
* A team player with strong training & mentoring skills.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Knowledge of regional languages would be an advantage.
* Good computer skills.
* Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism.
* Willingness to travel extensively in the project states.
1. Results Focused: Move focus from analysis to action; show persistence to overcome obstacles; take immediate action to solve problems; ensure follow through.
2. Customer Service Orientation: see PSI from the client point of view; keep client needs paramount when making decisions and taking action; think beyond current client base; understand the forces that impact PSI, those we serve and those we could serve in the future.
3. Technical Expertise: Understanding of Health care delivery system.
4. Plan & Organize: develop clear action plans that address the details needed to achieve objectives; define resources and actions to achieve objectives within constraints; establish priorities.
5. Build Strong Relationships: develop and sustain positive relationships with others; build connections with others based on an in-depth understanding of their needs and concerns; establish networks.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
We will collect the CVs at:email@example.com
Last date of receipt of applications: 30th April 2018
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org