India Health Action Trust (IHAT) invites applications from committed development professionals to support the initiate established ?Linked Data System for Programme science?. The main objective of this position is to develop location intelligence to make better decision by optimising the use of information collected in the areas of public health, primarily on maternal, new-born child health and HIV/AIDS.
IHAT invites applications from committed, compassionate and competent candidates for the following position as mentioned below for the said:-
1. GIS Specialist: Position: 1, Lucknow
Qualification, Skills & Competencies:
* Master in GIS/ Masters in any discipline with post graduate Diploma in GIS/ Completed Bachelor degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Information Technology etc) with Master in GIS
* Minimum 3-4 years? experience in GIS projects, preferably in Health GIS in public health domain
* Fluent in English and Hindi and Excellent written skill in English for documentation, report writing etc
* Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, skilled in end-to-end task of GIS application
* Hands on experience in advance GIS based analysis and modeling
* Proficiency in SQL (or any programming language) used for data definition and manipulation
* Ability to understand the business/strategic question and translate that into analytics for program managers
* Ability to set up and run the system from a technical standpoint AND bring innovations
* Ability to initiate and manage contracts with external agencies/vendors for GIS work
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Integrate multiple data sets into GIS compatible (linking with shape files) through rigorous cleaning and validation (through outsourced agency)
* Lead in preparing advance GIS based analysis frame work and implementation plan
* Conduct GIS based analysis, modeling, Dashboard etc as decision support system AND track usefulness of these output
* Generate standard or custom reports summarizing different data for review by managers and other stakeholders, including web-based GIS analytics for data visualization
* Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
* Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
* Build capacity of the govt and internal staff on GIS based analysis
* Analyze GIS technology trends to identify future development or to improve existing solutions/tools.
Reporting: Data Analyst will report to the Sr. Team Leader ? Monitoring & Evaluation, IHAT, Lucknow or person designated by him /her.
Salary: Salary will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance.
IHAT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, suitability, aptitude to work and in-depth project knowledge.
Above positions demand excellent communication interpersonal /computer skills and involves travel. Preferences will be given to candidates who have work experience with Development sectors working in maternal and newborn and HIV health programmes.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply using the ?Online IHAT Application? Format by visiting IHAT Vacancy page at http://www.ihat.in/vacancies/ihat-karnataka/ on or before 20th April, 2018