Oasis India (www.oasisin.org) has been in existence since 1994 and is currently engaged in projects based on education, training, microfinance, health & psychosocial care as well as residential rehabilitation. These projects aim to help people move from being victims of injustice, poverty or other marginalization, to living and contributing to stable life in community. We are located in the cities of Bangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Programme Manager ? Chennai
* Provide leadership and guidance to the project staff through regular meetings (one-on-one including line management meetings) and reviews.
* Responsible for managing project leaders/ coordinators in Chennai.
* Closely monitor monthly & weekly plans based on proposal objectives and budgets.
* Responsible for budgeting, planning and implementation of activities, monitoring of budget and funding.
* Have an efficient reporting system, both internally and with external stakeholders (as and when needed).
* Monitor and evaluate the implementation of plans through regular visits to the community.
* Responsible for working along with the Manager ? Programme Quality and the Regional Head - South, for tasks related to proposal/ concept note writing, produce reports as per the stipulated guidelines.
* Form and facilitate the growth of all aspects of the work.
* Ensure the administrative, documentation and filing processes are in order resulting in smooth functioning of the project.
* Ensure the adherence in the projects to the Children and Vulnerable People?s Protection Policy.
* Facilitate orientation of new staff, and ensure that staff in the Hubs receive appropriate training and are developed to deliver their services effectively.
* Train staff on various aspects of Community Work and on the Rhythm of Life.
* Responsible to implement developmental assets for the projects.
* Conduct periodical staff review, mid-year and annual performance review of the team.
* Develop and promote team building and cohesiveness through problem solving, conflict resolution.
* Contribute effectively in meetings through regular attendance
* Responsible to link with hub/ project partners including UK Academies as appropriate, ensuring good communication is maintained, with the guidance from the Regional Head
* Update on Government policies, laws and rules and avail of facilities that are relevant to receive support for the project activities.
* Assist in the conducting of research to identify new areas of work.
* Ensure relevant information, photographs and stories are regularly shared with the Communications team with content and in a format that can be used for external communication purposes (as mentioned in the Communication guidelines). Communication requests for specific information is sent in accurately and within the timescale specified.
* Responsible to develop project staff through facilitating/ referring to relevant training opportunities and through regular mentoring.
* Responsible to network with organizations, stakeholders, agencies and individuals outside Oasis who can help and input to resources, trainings and for MOU?s.
* Review and update resources and resource providers on a yearly basis.
* To carry out other tasks relating to the job description as may be reasonably required by the Regional Head ? South.
Qualification and Experience:
* A person of integrity who can be trusted to work independently and who would work well in a team environment.
* Master?s degree in Social Work or a related field required.
* 5 -7 years? of relevant work experience.
* At least three years? experience in managing a team, including project management and leadership development.
* Innovative, proactive, strategic planner with creative thinking skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and documentation skills.
* Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Tamil required.
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong commitment to Oasis India?s vision, mission and ethos.
* Participate in the wider corporate life of Oasis India e.g. staff meetings, training events etc.
* To be willing to serve as and when required and requested beyond the specified scope of duty.
Please send your updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To know about Oasis India please visit our website www.oasisin.org
Job Email id: email@example.com