Position:Senior Manager (Grants & Budgets)
Location:CARE India HQ, New Delhi
The primary role of the Senior Manager (Grants & Budgets) is to ensure that grants and budgets are maintained at high levels of accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, client orientation and compliance. S/he will review financial reports and ledgers, provide continuous assistance to the program staff at all levels to meet the
demands of the donors, assist in the preparation of budgets and oversee their management in a transparent fashion. An important part of the work is planning and coordination of charging of all expenses in a manner which enhances the competitiveness of the organization. It would be an integral part of the assignment to keep the receivables in control at all times & expedite remittances.
1. Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly pipelines:
* Provide supervision to staff to prepare annual budgets/Pipeline in line with budget guidelines. Update budgets quarterly for submission to various stakeholders. Provide grant balances to program counterparts for budgeting purposes.
2. Performance monitoring and information reporting:
* Monitor financial performance of various projects and units against their budgets and/or donor or organizational constraints. Ensure that the accounts reflect true and fair picture of operations. Apprise Program Managers of issues and concerns on financial performance of the grant/contract. Suggest options and alternatives to Program Managers.
3. Support to program operations in clarifying charging and monitoring spends
* Provide on going support to operational staff in program units offering clarifications on charging of expenses and adjustments on a day to day basis. •Ensure that expenses are not kept pending for charging so that the books reflect the true picture of each project. Provide support to sub offices in this regard.
4. Month End/Year End Processes:
* Reconcile A/R modules with G/L, and review of month end utilities. Compile & prepare the ICR analysis and provide quality MIS reporting.
5. Compliance with donor regulations:
* Ensure compliance with donor regulations and documentation, facilitate donor audits and disseminate guidelines from donors. Manage adherence to various donor requirements and audits. Coordinate internally for fund request, reporting etc. Understand and implement specific requirements for donors.
* Represent the organization along with program unit/Controller Finance/CFO in meetings with donors and government in matters connected with new proposals and review of existing proposals.
7. Proposal development
* Provide inputs to the proposal development process by responding to request for information from the Program Unit concerned. In particular, ensure that proposals submitted are cost effective, make full use of available resources and adhere to its stated policy on allocation of shared program costs.
8. Policies, systems and procedures
* Provide inputs to the controller to initiate changes in these from time to time based on operational experience and feedback from staff and stake holders like vendors, NGOs, etc.
* Compilation of reporting requirements of the Donor with forms & timelines. •Ensure timely & accurate reporting to Donors and other stakeholders.
* Assist in the Audit process by providing timely & accurate information/details/ explanations to the auditors relating to the areas covered above.
11. Team management
* Lead a team of 2-3 members
* Engage in regular coaching and development
Qualifications & Experience:
* Chartered Accountant or a Post Graduate with specialization in Accounting/Finance
* Minimum 12-15 years of experience covering the above areas
* The incumbent should have a good understanding and experience of working in an ERP environment. Experience in the development sector would be an advantage
Skills & Competencies :
* Understanding of the development sector and cross cutting themes
* Understanding of audit and compliance requirements
* Ability to deal with large volumes of data using a computerized system
* Follow up skills with multiple contact points in up to a dozen field locations
* Proficiency in Computers. Comfortable using MS Office. Computer savvy with the ability to find improvised solutions
* Grasp of numbers and their relationships and ability to retain these over long period of time
* Good interpersonal & leadership skills. Capable of handling a small and a qualified team
* Ability to listen, keep calm under pressure and take additional work pressure during monthly and periodic account closings
* Good oral and written communication skills (English & Hindi)
* Ability to plan, implement and complete tasks independently and on time
Candidates should send their resumes to http://care.prompthr.in/Recruitment/List/RJobApplyList.aspx to apply for the positions online.
The last date of receiving applications will be 24th April 2018. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted.
CARE India is an equal opportunity and diversity promoting employer. Therefore Women, persons differently abled, SC/ST/ OBC candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
I am Sunil Kr Singh , worked as an accountant, Admin and Finance Manager in ACE Ngo(Action for community Empowerment) till June-2016