|Industry Type|| : Medical ,NGOs Jobs
||No. of Openings|| : 1
|Job Role|| : Program Officer - Health & Wellness Centres
||Total Experience|| : 2-3 years
|Job Location|| : Assam,Chhattisgarh,Jharkhand,Manipur,Meghalaya,Mizoram,Orissa,Tripura
||Salary|| : NA
|Industry Type : Medical ,NGOs Jobs
||No. of Openings : 1
|Job Role : Program Officer - Health & Wellness Centres
||Total Experience : 2-3 years
|Job Location : Assam,Chhattisgarh,Jharkhand,Manipur,Meghalaya,Mizoram,Orissa,Tripura
||Salary : NA
Program Officer - Health & Wellness Centres
Multiple Positions at:
Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Odisha & Tripura
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Through our partnerships, we are revolution
izing health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, and pre-service nursing and midwifery education. These projects are funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI), David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), Merck for Mothers and others.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Program Officer (PO) - Health & Wellness Centres (HWCs) in the states of Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Odisha & Tripura. Representing Jhpiego in the states, the PO will work with the state government to ensure timely provision of technical assistance to the state for creation of training ecosystem and operationalization of HWCs.
This position requires technical expertise, public health experience, strong coordination skills, understanding of Indian public health system and ability to develop positive, professional working relationships with various government counterparts and other development partners. This position reports to respective Senior Program Officer / State Program Manager/ State Program Officer/ National Program Manager
* Work with state government counterparts to develop roadmap, operational plans and financial proposals for setting up of HWCs in the state in line with GoI instructions.
* Work with state government officials for creation of training ecosystem for bridge course in the state –including technical support in identification and operationalization of adequate number of training sites.
* Facilitate development of financial proposals for operationalization of training sites and HWCs jointly with state officials for incorporation in the state’s National Health Mission (NHM) Program Implementation plan (PIP).
* Lead the design, implementation and monitoring of all activities to ensure necessary technical input and coordination to achieve desired results.
* Coordinate and collaborate with government officials and other stakeholders for planning and implementation of activities for operationalization of HWCs in the state.
* Develop and produce documents like situation analysis reports, assessment reports, gap analysis plans, procurement plans etc. as per the program need and local context.
* Undertake process documentation of lessons learnt during the program implementation and best practices emerging at the state level
* Work closely with the supervisor on setting program priorities, directions, and responding to requests for technical support from State Health officials.
* Represent Jhpiego at state-level meetings involving government and international development partners.
* Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
* Experience and demonstrated ability working with government health programs, counterparts and systems at the national/ state level.
* Direct experience of independently liaising with senior state level health functionaries including MD NHM.
* Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as operational guidelines, assessment reports etc.
* Technically proficient with up to date skills required for the assigned task.
* Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Hindi and Local language.
* Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
* Microsoft Office computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
* B.Sc. Nursing / BAMS is required. M.Sc. Nursing / Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or Post graduation in Health Management would be preffered.
* 2-3 years of experience of working with government programs and systems for large scale public health programs.
* Technical knowledge and experience in health programs in the high focus states of India
* Knowledge of latest GoI RMNCH and NCD guidelines, program management, PIP process and PIP development.
* Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/strategies—particularly National Health Mission.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note to email@example.com.
Interested candidates must mention specifically the location applying for. In case the applicant is interested in applying for multiple locations, please mention their names.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org