POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
EXECUTIVE- PROGRAMS, BENGALURU, KARNATAKA
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) works to increase women?s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights, especially the right to safe abortion and contraceptive services. IDF seeks to eliminate unsafe abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women?s access to contraception, comprehensive abortion care and related reproductive health information and care. Towards this, IDF works in strengthening training systems, service delivery of comprehensive contraception and abortion care, and access to these services within the public health system, with the aim of making a positive impact on the health of women in India. IDF?s program currently spans 12 states to include the states of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) has been rated among ?India?s top 10 NGOs to Work for? by Great Place to Work? Institute. This recognition is a testament of the organization?s high-trust, high-performance work culture.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
IDF seeks to hire an Executive ? Programs to be based at Bengaluru, Karnataka and reporting to the State Program Manager. The position will be responsible to assist in facilitating Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) trainings of providers, to improve maternal health and reduce maternal morbidity. The position will also be responsible to assist in facilitating service delivery provision by trained providers and prepare reports on service delivery status, as required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Executive - Programs will include the following:
* Facilitate CAC trainings at designated training centers including public health facilities in the state, as per the approved work plans.
* Coordinate with district level officials, master trainers at the training centers and identified/ nominated doctors to facilitate the CAC trainings.
* Follow-up with district health officials for the nomination of doctors for the CAC trainings.
* Ensure availability of training materials at the designated training centers in the state.
* Undertake regular visits to service delivery sites to follow-up with each CAC trained provider and ensure service delivery related to CAC.
* Identify issues affecting CAC service delivery at service delivery sites and help to design and implement solutions to facilitate CAC service delivery.
* Conduct orientation of Community Intermediaries at service delivery sites to inform them and build awareness about CAC services.
* Document training and follow-up activities including preparing reports on program status, as may be required.
* Carry out any other duties as needed within the scope of this position and provide any other technical and programmatic assistance, as may be required by the program.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates suitable for this position:
* Graduates, preferably with an advanced degree, in Social Sciences, Management or Public Health.
* 1 to 3 years of relevant program management experience in the health sector.
* Fair understanding of the Reproductive Health sector in India.
* Ability to engage and interact with officials at varying levels including experience of working with senior officials at the state level.
* Excellent computer skills with proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English and Hindi along with fluency in Kannada.
* Ability to travel up to 70% of time to village/block level in the state.
* Confident, self-driven and a team player.
Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to email@example.com by May 01, 2018.
Your CV must be accompanied with:
* Cover letter justifying suitability for the position ? role fitment based on present & past work experience.
* Current/last drawn compensation & expected compensation.
* CVS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS AND COMPENSATION DETAILS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
* IDF management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.
* IDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further clarifications, please contact Sector Access at 011 ? 46860000 between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on weekdays.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org