Back ground of the Project
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) for the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance to improve the coverage of key reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition (RMNCHA+) interventions and se
rvices in the state from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The position will be responsible for strengthening government data system, which includes data quality and data use of HMIS/RCH/MCTS. Implement concurrent monitoring data system, and build capacity of the districts in evidence based review and decision making process. The position will be engaged in extensive data analysis to identify gaps and guide the program interventions based on evidences during different review meeting at district/division level.
Technical Support Unit, Uttar Pradesh invite application for the following positions from competent and committed development professionals who are seeking meaningful and challenging assignments in- Uttar Pradesh.
Position: District SpecialistĖMonitoring & Evaluation
Location: Uttar Pradesh
Reporting: Zonal Specialist- Monitoring & Evaluation
* Conduct data analysis of different health related data and also build capacity of the district/divisional government officials (health department) to establish and implement data based review system at district and block level on monthly basis. Implement decision tracking and support system based.
* Establish different platforms, mechanisms to strengthen data quality of government data system HMIS, UPHMIS and MCTS/RCH and build capacity of the districts in data quality analysis and corrective actions. Implement data quality assurance mechanism
* Implement regular feedback system within government on data quality of government data system like HMIS, UPHMIS and MCTS/RCH.
* Standardize of source document, reporting formats and registers at the facility level to generate quality data for government data system.
* Implementation and Monitoring of special assessments (e.g. needs/baseline assessments, quality of care assessments), surveys, and operational research to ensure data quality.
* Capacity building of the district and block person on M&E activities
* Conduct regular field visits to monitor the accuracy and completeness of data collected/reported and to provide technical support in M&E to field staff
* Organizing training and hand holding session for district and block AROs, program managers, BPMs etc.
Key Business Interactions:
* 1 TSUís program team (Clinical team, community team, family planning, nutrition)
* District Magistrate
* District Health officials (CMO, ACMO, DPM, DDM, District ARO etc) and block (MO I/c, BPM, MCTS operator, block ARO, etc) government health officials
* District officials related to nutrition program
* Required Competencies:
Candidates with Behavioral Competencies like - Analytical ability, planning and prioritizing,problem solving, communication, building relationships, flexibility, creative thinking will be considered
Candidates with Technical Competencies like -
* Independent in using different types of data (survey and HMIS) for effective analysis
* Proficient in STATA/R and excel
* Proficient in conducting statistical analysis (bi-variate and multivariate)
* Technical writing skill in data base reports
* Effective communication skills
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* Masters in Population studies (Demography)/statistics/public health/health management or equivalent qualification.
* At least 2 years of experience in a managerial and/or technical capacity in programmatic M&E, operations preferably in public health or development sector.
* Demonstrated management of government data system and liaison with government.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please apply by COB 11th May 2018 using the online IHAT Application by clicking on http://ihat.in/vacancies/ihat-up-tsu/ or visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered.
IHAT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills/knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, suitability, aptitude to work with MNCH interventions and in-depth project knowledge. Only short listed candidates will be invited for further screening process.