Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Sr. Program Manager, Livelihoods
Years of Experience: Between 7 to 10 years
Shift Timings: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Working Days: Mondays to Saturdays
Interview Process: Initial calls (2 rounds, telephonic or Skype) and in-person interview Start date: Immediately
The SELCO Foundation engages in ?eld-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of decentralized renewable energy solutions that alleviate poverty in urban, rural and tribal poor areas. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, built environment, health, water puri?cation, livelihoods, education with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors.
The Livelihoods Business Development Manager will be working with various grassroot level partners and develop various channels to be able to support to take the innovative livelihood solutions to replication & scale. The person will work with partner organizations as well as teams within the organization in order to implement projects.
* To strategize and implement livelihoods solutions to take them to replication and scale across the country.
* Campaign planning to execution to support Replication & Scale.
* Developing various channels to be able to identify potential entrepreneurs to support replication and scale.
* To develop bankable business plans for small and micro social enterprises.
* Work closely with partner organizations and other teams (within the organization) and conduct mass awareness and livelihood advocacy at the grass root level.
* Coordinate with various stakeholders to implement projects / business strategies.
* Work closely with partners and branches to support the reach of the solutions.
* Work closely with Banks, MFIs and other sources of financing for implementing Livelihood solutions.
Qualifications & Key Requirements:
* Ability and experience to build enterprise / entrepreneurís financials, sales and business plans, from scratch and implement it end to end.
* Well versed with all process of sales, business case development, operations especially in the development sector
* 7 - 10 years of professional experience in rural level sales / business development / business planning in the development or corporate sector is mandatory.
* Added experience in operations, marketing and project managing is preferred.
* Interest and ability to engage with communities on ground
* Good communication and documentation skills
* Willing to spend time on the field and travel
* Expected remuneration for this position depends on the candidate.
* Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
* A person who is creative and willing to innovatively think out of the box, while at the same time grounded in the realities of the environment.
* Sincere, diligent, hard worker with a go-getter attitude.
* A keen interest in Livelihoods, Agriculture & quasi agriculture, with relevant interest.
* Willingness to travel
* Knowledge of local language is preferred
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter to HR@selcofoundation.org with ĎRe: Business Development Managerí as a subject line.
Job Email id: HR@selcofoundation.org