Livelihoods - Lead
Title: Livelihoods – Lead
Reporting to: Designed - Lead
Years of Experience: Between 10 to 12 years
Shift Timings: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Working Days: Mondays to Saturdays
Interview Process: Initial calls (2 rounds, telephonic or Skype) and in-person interview Start date: Immediately
The SELCO Foundation engages in ?eld-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of decentralized renewable energy solutions that alleviate poverty in urban, rural and tribal poor areas. The organization works across verticals such as energy access, built environment, health, water puri?cation, livelihoods, education with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs and partners from various developmental sectors.
The Livelihoods Lead will be working with various stake holders including enterprise partners, technology & financial inclusion partners and extends to grassroot level partners, and develop various solutions for livelihood problems. The candidate would be expected to lead the team through all the stages of developing solutions, right from In-Dept research and scoping to developing channels to be able to support to take the innovative livelihood solutions to replication & scale.
* To strategize and implement livelihoods solutions to overcome grass root level problems
* Manage the entire product development to replication & scale process.
* Developing various channels to be able to identify potential entrepreneurs to support replication and scale.
* To develop bankable business plans for small and micro social enterprises.
* Work closely with partner organizations and enterprise partners and other teams (within the organization) and conduct mass awareness and livelihood advocacy at the grass root level.
* Coordinate with various stakeholders to implement projects / business strategies.
* Work closely with partners and branches to support the reach of the solutions.
* Work closely with Banks, MFIs and other sources of financing for implementing Livelihood solutions.
* Anchor various regions to build the Livelihood penetration in those areas.
Qualifications & Key Requirements:
* 10 - 12 years of professional experience in rural level Livelihood implementation.
* Added experience in operations and project managing is preferred.
* Interest and ability to engage with communities on ground
* Good communication and documentation skills
* Willing to spend time on the field and travel
* Expected remuneration for this position depends on the candidate.
* Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
* A person who is creative and willing to innovatively think out of the box, while at the same time grounded in the realities of the environment.
* Sincere, diligent, hard worker with a go-getter attitude.
* A keen interest in Livelihoods, Agriculture & quasi agriculture, with relevant interest.
* Knowledge of local language is preferred
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter to HR@selcofoundation.org with ‘Re: Livelihood Lead’ as a subject line.
Job Email id: HR@selcofoundation.org