National Skills Foundation of India
Job Position: Agronomist
Reporting: Program Manager, NSFI
Location: Shimla, Himanchal Pradesh
National Skills Foundation of India invites applications from competent individuals for the position of Agronomist. The objective of the project to develop an ecosystem allowing for easy adoption of advanced agricultural production systems to improve yield and livelihood of the communities.
About National Ski
lls Foundation of India
National Skills Foundation of India (NSFI) is a not for profit organization focused on the objective of skill building and development of vocational opportunities for India’s large but relatively unskilled workforce. NSFI is realizing its mission towards enabling sustainable livelihoods through trainings of unskilled/semi-skilled workers, rural youth, farmers, and women entrepreneurs and action research in the domains of agriculture supply & value chains, markets and skills, and through across the nation with the objective of providing them access to grow the sectors in form all about markets.
Various projects are taken up at NSFI that aid in sustainable livelihoods and incomes. NSFI is taking up assignments to generate results that are of benefit to public and private bodies working towards the evolution of sustainable interventions, projects and programs or their outcomes.
NSFI is offering the services of 'Research and Consultancy', 'Project Implementation', and 'Policy Advocacy’; on the themes of 'skill development’, 'entrepreneurship development’, 'incubation’ and 'market based models’ in the agriculture & allied sector, renewable energy and handicrafts.
Qualification: B.Sc (Agri/Horticulture) with 4 years of work experience or M.Sc (Agri/Horticulture) with 2 year of work experience
A. Agronomist :
Role of Agronomist is vitally reserved on project execution. Primary responsibility of Agronomist is to Training on improved agriculture practices and guiding the field executives in implementing entire gamut of activities
* To possess \ experience in training farmers on good agriculture practices preferably in horticulture and hydroponics.
* Responsible for delivery of standard training modules
* Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly MIS reports
* Hiring of Field Executives
* Develop relation with Local institution and liaison with different government or state offices
* Selection of farmers for Trail set-up
* Handling Technical Queries of farmers
* Coordinate the field operation
* Any other work assign by organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Fluency in Hindi and working knowledge in English and Hindi.
* Knowledge of Excel and MS office.
* Proven experience in training in Good Agriculture Practices and sound knowledge on commodity market.
* Knowledge about the geography and local language is a must.
Date of Joining: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply:
Those with required background and qualifications may submit their resume and cover letter with subject line 'Application for the position of Agronomist’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Skills Foundation Of India is a non-governmental organization (NGO). The registration number of the organization is: 8712?(21-08-2009). It was established in the year 2009. National Skills Foundation Of India works in the area of Vocational Training, etc. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The organization operates in Haryana, India.