Job title:Programme Manager ? Employability & Economic Empowerment
Department: Programme Implementation
Reporting to: Sr. Programme Manager - South
Level Of Contact With Children: 2
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India?s Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies.
SUMMARY OF THE OVERALL JOB
This position is responsible for providing technical oversight to Plan India?s youth employability and financial inclusion programs being implemented in the South India region, in line with Plan India?s overall Country and Thematic Strategy as well as the state strategies. The job entails providing technical support to State Managers of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Odisha for programme implementation, support to the M&E Manager for monitoring and evaluation, capacity building of the partners and proposal development. The position will be responsible for supporting in advocacy and lobbying initiatives in the region. The thematic Program Manager will function in consultation with the Sr. Technical Advisor / Technical Advisor at the Plan India Country office.
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
THEMATIC PROGRAM SUPPORT
* To ensure that the thematic area continues to contribute in an innovative and effective way to the development of programme plans and delivery
* To develop thematic plans for the region/state.
* To ensure gender and diversity analysis is applied across all levels of programme planning and delivery.
* To support national initiatives for roll-out of thematic strategy and other initiative in the region
* To prepare the operational plan and metrics for the projects.
* To support partner selection by adhering to the established thematic assessment criterion.
* To work in close coordination with the other Thematic Managers to ensure that programming is integrated across all sectors and synergistic to achieve Plan India?s CSP commitments.
MONITORING & EVALUATION SUPPORT
* To monitor and periodically report progress on the achievement of the thematic goals.
* To support in developing systemic processes and metrics for thematic programme monitoring.
* To ensure periodic programme reviews at the desk and field and implementing technical solutions, as required.
* To support the documentation of implementation experiences at the region and evidences from the field by providing the technical perspective
* To document good practices and case stories for incorporation in organizational communications.
* To make available quantitative and qualitative data from ongoing programs for programming, proposal development and routine reporting use.
* To support in the creation of Terms of Reference (ToRs) for selection of third-party agencies for conducting evaluations.
* To coordinate and facilitate donor and other visitors.
* To develop donor reports including project completion reports by providing technical inputs.
* To contribute to brief updates and reports on thematic activities/strategies, as required.
CAPACITY BUILDING & LEARNING
* To identify technical capacity building needs of NGO partners, develop capacity building plans, build capacities of NGO partners including at times of emergency and recovery periods and establish mechanisms for any external technical support, as may be required.
* To provide technical input to support the partners in troubleshooting any issues/ bottlenecks during programme implementation
* To support knowledge management and learning by facilitating sharing and reflection with stakeholders.
* To develop thematic proposals or provide regional and thematic perspective in proposal development.
ADVOCACY, NETWORKING & LIASONING
* To contribute to the development of advocacy strategies for the thematic area at the region.
* To identify strengths and gaps in state/ regional policy initiatives to define advocacy goals at state and regional level
* To establish linkages between policy/advocacy and the programmes being implemented at the grassroots level in the region.
* To identify regional thematic networks, involving grass root NGOs, local government to advocate and disseminate best practices
* To support government lobbying in state capitals to contribute to the national-level initiatives
* To represent Plan India in thematic regional, state, district level meetings.
* To support any significant state level events/collaborations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Post Graduate in Development Management
* 8-10 years of relevant experience
* Extensive understanding and experience of at least one or both of the two core areas of youth employment and microfinance, particularly with respect to communities that are marginalized in rural, urban and peri-urban settlements
* Good understanding of the functioning of government systems and knowledge of key/flagship government programs and schemes, particularly National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), National Skills Development Council (NSDC) etc.
* Knowledge of rights based approaches and of policy issues related to livelihoods in India.
* Demonstrated experience of working with stakeholders from Government agencies, international organizations, donors, academics etc.
* Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English.
* Knowledge of Telugu and/or Oriya.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to use software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 50%
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to Apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (Word Format only) for the position of ?Programme Manager ? Employability & Economic Empowerment? at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ?Programme Manager ? Employability & Economic Empowerment? in the subject line.
Last date for sending applications is 10th May 2018. Considering the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org
Job Email id: email@example.com
Save A Family Plan India is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working in Kerala, India. The registration number of the organization is: 603/90?(14-09-1990). Established in the year 1990, Save A Family Plan India works in the area of Advocacy and Research, Aged and elderly, Children, Dalit Welfare, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Environment and natural resource management, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Housing and shelter, Human Rights, Micro Finance (SHGs), Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Panchayati Raj, Right to Information & Advocacy, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Scientific & Industrial Research, Tribal Welfare, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Vocational Training, Water and Sanitation, Womens Development & Empowerment, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development.