Designation - Team Leader cum Labor Economist
No. of Vacancies - 01
Location - Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Reporting to - Project Director
Candidates interested in the position are requested to email their updated CV on email@example.com along with name of the position clearly mentioned in the subject line.
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing Specialist technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group?s areas of Specialities includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified and CMMI? Level 3 company. Over the last 19 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in different locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
Selection of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consulting Firm supported by Asian Development bank (ADB)
Monitoring and Evaluation firm will provide high quality services to Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN). Project resources will be deployed as per the terms agreed with HPKVN. This dedicated team of experts / professionals would be appointed by the Agency for carrying out the assignment.
The M&E firm will assist/support HPKVN in undertaking the following broad tasks and deliverables:
* Prepare an M&E framework covering different project components.
* Collect baseline data.
* Conduct periodic tracer surveys to track performance across project components.
* Skill-gap analysis / demand surveys.
* Project monitoring and Capacity Building.
In addition to coordinating with HPKVN and the other IAs and line Departments, the M&E firm will work closely with the Department of Economics and Statistics (DOES), GOHP, in designing and conducting its surveys, and preparing its evaluation studies.
Project Duration - 48 Months
Person month required for the position 40 Months
Engagement Type - Fixed Term Employment
Job Description Position Summary:
IPE Global is seeking Team Leader cum Labor Economist for our project in Himachal Pradesh, India. The position requires technical support to HPKVN for overall program management of Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives of HPKVN in the state and enabling effective implementation of the project.
Key Result Areas:
Candidate should have strong experience in projects related to Monitoring and Evaluation. Team Leader (Labour Economist) will be required to work closely with different departments, government personnel/ staff, industry representatives and project team members. He will:
* Coordinate across the team to ensure that the tasks listed above are planned and undertaken in a timely and effective manner.
* Review the TVET programs being run by different departments in HP. Prepare brief reports on the types of training being imparted: target trainees: trades; delivery mode (public or private training); quality of project monitoring, and outcomes.
* Prepare a consolidated report summarizing which programs are working well, and which are not. Draw relevant lessons which help to improve the design of the proposed ADB project.
* Prepare a realistic sector-wise TVET results-framework for the project with year-wise targets.
* Prepare an M&E framework for HPKVN which will allow it to track the quality of future training, both for formal placements as well as for improved livelihoods.
* Design and undertake pilot tracking surveys to capture the outcomes of a sample of training programs in terms of enhanced employability and / or placements.
* Take the lead in tracking the DMF.
* Prepare manuals and conduct training for HPKVN and implementing agency staff as required.
Qualification & Experience:
* Proven track record as labour economist in projects involving deep understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation and labour issues in TVET Sector
* Preferable experience of working with central/ state/ PSUs in providing technical assistance
* Should be a team player and have handled project teams in earlier assignments
The candidate should preferably have a Ph.D or Masters in Economics or Statistics from a reputed University.
* He should have and more than 15 years relevant experience in labor market analysis, manpower planning, and skill-gap analysis.
* Experience of working on externally aided projects will be given weightage
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org