Based at Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We partner with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families.
Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. The moment a woman gives birth; the moment a midwife helps a newborn to breath; the moment a nurse screens for cervical cancer with a simple vinegar swab; the moment a community health worker tests a man for HIV and reports he is HIV free.
Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing health care for the world?s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of family planning, maternal and child health, and pre-service nursing and midwifery education. These projects are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI), David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children?s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), Merck for Mothers and others.
The Governments of Norway and India have decided to extend the Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) till 2020. NIPI?s overall vision in Phase III will continue to provide strategic, catalytic and innovative support to the National Health Mission, by designing, testing and demonstrating innovations and interventions that can improve women?s and children?s health. NIPI in Phase III will contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and the National Health Policy 2017 Goals for Maternal New-born and Child health by providing catalytic, strategic, technical support to India?s National Health Mission (NHM) for scaling up accepted NIPI innovation models using NHM funds, improve innovation development capacity of the states in addition to documentation and dissemination of NIPI best practices globally.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of Program Coordinator based at Srinagar. The position will report to State Program Manager (SPM) in her/his respective state.
* Provide programmatic and administrative support to the program officers to ensure timely conduction of orientation meetings, assessments, trainings and other program activities as per the project work-plan.
* Undertake preparation, including organizing and conducting trainings and ensuring logistic support for various activities planned, including onsite trainings to ensure quality.
* Support program officers in preparing program activity reports.
* Facilitate training of the data collectors at the project focus facilities/districts.
* Support he program officers in collection of training and service delivery data from field and ensure that it is updated and reported timely and regularly at the district and state level.
* Manage database for the trainings conducted including provider trained by cadre, and submit periodic reports to district and state offices.
* Work with the program teams, facilities and government counterparts to implement, monitor and report on training activities including M&E frameworks and reports.
* Develop tracking plan for supportive supervision visits following trainings to support the providers in establishing and institutionalizing the ANC services.
* Facilitate project activities and work including training planning, logistic arrangements and other activity support to ensure smooth conduction of trainings and post-training supportive supervision visits.
* Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor to achieve the project goals.
* Demonstrate ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
* Attentive to details and able to produce documents and coordinate activities with minimum supervision to a professional quality.
* Comfortable with working in a multicultural team.
* Able to manage/ prioritize work from several sources. Ability to handle pressure of deadlines.
* Excellent organizational and logistics management skills required.
* Fluency in spoken and written Hindi, regional language and English required. Hindi typing skills desired.
* Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations.
* Willingness and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor?s degree in Health and allied sciences/Administration and/or Social Sciences.
* Degree/ Diploma/ distance learning certificate in computers with excellent competency (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook).
* Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/ strategies particularly National Health Mission, RCH II and RMNCH+A desired.
* 3-5 years? relevant work experience in public health programs preferably with community health components.
* Experience in working with similar projects and knowledge of health and training issues is desirable.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background.
1. All applicants should apply on http://bit.ly/2HMkt6g
2. All applications should have the covering letter and the CV as a single document, in a word / pdf format.
3. Applications received after the closing date will not considered
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.