The Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT) invites applications from committed development professionals for projects which aim to develop a model for strengthening continuum of care for people with diabetes or/and hypertension in Primary Health Care system.
KHPT invites applications from committed, compassionate and competent candidates for the following position as mentioned below;
Community Facilitator: Position: 2, Kumbarakoppalu Urban PHC, Mysuru city
Qualification, Skills & Comp
* Postgraduate/graduate in Social Work/Social Science /other relevant degree /minimum 2-3 years of experience of implementing health related programs at the taluk level.
* Working experience in the region (Mysuru/south Karnataka) is desired.
* Fluency in written and spoken Kannada is a must and Knowledge of English language is desired.
* Knowledge and experience working in Government health systems.
* Good communication, leadership and facilitation skills.
* Willingness and ability to travel extensively in field areas of Urban PHC in Mysuru city
* Prior experience of working in a NCD related project or NCD clinics is an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Build rapport at the sub centre level with the functionaries of Department of Health and Family Welfare (DoHFW), City Corporation and other concerned departments
* Is responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring the community interventions at the sub centre level
* To ensure the quality training for all the Health Volunteers
* Monitor and provide hand holding support to Health Volunteers to do follow up and referral of cases and to conduct group sessions in the community
* Conduct monthly review meetings at sub center/PHC levels and submit reports on the progress of activities time to time.
* To support JHAs to conduct screening camps at the sub center level
* To participate and contribute in the review meetings of the project.
* Ensure identification of patients already with diabetes and hypertension and follow them up on monthly basis for regular check-ups
* Ensure identification of persons living with high risk factors for diabetes and hypertension using appropriate tools and follow them on monthly basis.
* Enter data on the tablet or mobile phone provided by the project and coordinate with health volunteers on a timely basis for smooth data collection.
* Educate people on NCD risk factors and behavior modifications to reduce /prevent risk factors.
* Ensure follow- up and counsel participants with NCDs on adherence to medications and importance of regular check-up in addition to advice on healthy lifestyle modifications.
* Ensure referral of all patients identified with the NCDs (existing and newly found) to the UPHC, and in some cases to private facilities commonly visited by patients.
* Build rapport and coordinate with both health volunteers and UPHC staff for screening, initiation of treatment and follow up.
* Work with community structures like Mahila Arogya Samithi(MAS) for creating awareness on NCDs in the general population
* To ensure the quality training for all the health volunteers
* To ensure BCC activities in the community by health volunteers.
* To ensure the follow up, referral and group sessions by the HVs
* Mentoring support to HVs through joint visits with JHAs
* To support JHAs to conduct screening camps
Reporting: The Community Facilitator will report to the Project Officer, NCD Project, Mysuru or person designated by him /her
Duration of the position: For a period of 1 year
Remuneration for the above positions will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance.
KHPT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, suitability, aptitude to work and in-depth project knowledge.
Candidates for this project who are sensitive towards child protection and have experience working with children would be preferred.
Above positions demand excellent communication interpersonal /computer skills and involves travel.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply using the prescribed KHPT Application Format and email it to email@example.com . Candidates can download the format by clicking on ‘Application Format’ or visit www.khpt.org to download the format.
The application should reach on or before 14th May, 2018
Please note that completed applications in the prescribed format will help us in shortlisting.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org