Role : Admin and Accounts.
Designation : Accounts and Admin officer.
Location : Motihari, East Champaran, Bihar.
Organisation : KAUSHALYA Foundation.
Programme : India Grain Legume Cluster Development: Policy, Production and Nutrition.
Employment Type: Full time, Contractual.
Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable up to two years based on performance and funding.)
About the Programme:
India Grain Legume Cluster Development: Policy, Production and Nutrition is a programme funded by Aga Khan Foundation and supported by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. It is being implemented with 10,000 farmers in five districts of Bihar. There are four implementing partners of this programme. KAUSHALYA Foundation is implementing it in East Champaran.
Objective of the programme is to Pilot a mixed farming systems approach to increase the production and productivity of pulses in five district clusters in Bihar. Increase incomes for smallholder farmers from pulses farming & establishment of a community of practice for promotion of pulses in Bihar and sustained policy dialogue for increased support for pulses development.
Should possess sound knowledge of finance, account, taxation, administration and should be an expert in tally based accounting.
Skills/ Competencies required:
- Ability to manage a diverse team’s field concerns.
- Professional integrity.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to work in strict time lines and extended working hours based on requirements.
- Efficiency in solving problems.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and accounting software like tally etc
- The candidate with Masters in Commerce (M.Com) / CA Inter / B.Com+Post Graduate Diploma in Finance should have a minimum experience of Two Years.
- The candidate with Bachelors in Commerce (B.Com) should have a minimum experience of Four Years.
Educational Qualification required:
- Masters in Commerce (M.Com) / CA Inter / B.Com+Post Graduate Diploma in Finance / B.Com
- Motihari - East Champaran, Bihar
Duties and responsibilities of Accounts and Admin Officer:
- The Account & Administrative Officer is responsible for maintaining day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet programme requirements.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the programme finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist programme team in preparation of the budget.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare and reconcile general bank statements
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts (Vendor)
- Ensure data/transactions are properly recorded and entered into the manual & computerized accounting system (tally system)
- Prepare balance sheets
- Prepare receipts and expenditure statements
- Assist with the Quarterly and annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys
- Prepare budget vs actual expenditure every month.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial report.
- Ensure TDS deduction wherever applied.
- Prepare monthly TDS Sheet, GST Sheet every month.
- Verify vendors PAN, AADHAR, GST number before any transaction.
- Ensure the safeguarding of all organization funds
- Review and verify purchase orders.
- Reconcile the accounts payable.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable.
- Reconcile weekly deposits.
- Reconcile weekly expenditures.
- Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Administer employment agreements.
- Maintain the leave management system.
- Review remittances
- Supervise completion of the payroll
- Maintain employee registration system
- Maintain employee documents related to their job like certificates, records etc.
- Prepare payroll reports.
- Prepare monthly attendance sheets.
- Review payroll reports.
- Supervise administrative services within the organization office
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents, goods, stationeries and other office assets
- Respond to financial inquiries
- Manage the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment
- Maintain insurance coverage’s
- Supervise the office improvement program
- Preparation and verification of Fixed Asset Register and Inventory Register.
- Preparation and updation of cash register.
- Tracking of Insurance and Road Tax, Pollutions fitness of Vehicle.
- Preparing and maintaining the Fixed assets and Inventory Register.
- Administer contracts.
- Assist in Procurement of the supplies for the programme need based on procurement policies of Aga Khan Foundation.
- Support during the review visit by the KAUSHALYA Foundation/Funding Agency / Audit team / Govt, external agencies.
- Logistic support such as booking tickets/ transportation/ booking hotels for programme staff’s travel and any other programs. Workshops, meetings planned for the KAUSHALYA Foundation, Aga Khan Foundation or any other stakeholder.
- Assist Farmers’ Producer Company in establishment of Systems.
- Assist in Book keeping, Finance and Administrative aspect of Farmers’ Producer Company.
Salary would be 2.40 Lakh Per Annum (CTO)
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line as “Application for Accounts and Admin officer KF, IGLCD, Motihari”.
Mark a CC to Praveen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Email id:email@example.com